СОЧ Английский язык 5 класс Суммативное оценивание

TEGINSOR.RU

Команда форума
Модератор
Оценка реакций
Specification of Summative Assessment for term on the subject “English language”
Grade 5
Contents
1. Aim of the Summative Assessment for the term..................................3
2. The document defining the content of the Summative Assessment for the term.....3
3. Expected outcomes on the subject “English language”, Grade 5..................3
4. Level of thinking skills on the subject „English language’, Grade 5...........4
5. Admini strati on rules........................................................5
6. Moderation and marking........................................................5
SPECIFICATION OF SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT FOR TERM 1..............................6
SPECIFICATION OF SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT FOR TERM 2.............................18
SPECIFICATION OF SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT FOR TERM 3.............................30
SPECIFICATION OF SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT FOR TERM 4.............................42
1. Aim of the Summative Assessment for the term
Summative assessment is aimed to assess learners’ success in terms of the learning objectives achievement and reveal their level of knowledge and skills acquired during the term within the framework of updating the secondary education content.
Specification describes the content and procedure for the delivery of the Summative Assessment for the term in “Englishlanguage” in Grade 5.
2. The document defining the content of the Summative Assessment for the term
The Subject Programme for "English language" for 5-9 grades of secondary education on the updated content.
3. Expected outcomes on the subject “Englishlanguage”, Grade 5
Content
A learner develops skills needed for success in a range of academic subjects such as using speaking and listening skills to solve problems, organising information clearly for others and developing intercultural awareness through reading and discussion.
Listening
A learner understands the main idea of a text on curricular topics; identifies essential facts distinguishing them from non-essential; understands details within the framework of familiar topics; formulates complex questions based on listening material in order to obtain additional information; deduces the meaning of listening material using context clues; identifies specific information within the framework of familiar topics; recognizes inconsistencies in arguments within the framework of familiar topics.
Reading
A learner identifies the main ideas of texts and details in texts of a range of styles and genres within the framework of familiar topics; uses a range of information sources (reference materials, dictionaries, the Internet); recognizes specific information in a text and a range of styles and genres within the framework of familiar topics; predicts the content of a text using the heading, pictures, key words, extracts; identifies the attitude and opinion of the author; evaluates information from different texts.
Writing
A learner fills in tables, diagrams, schemes, questionnaires, forms; plans, writes, edits and proofreads texts within the framework of familiar topics; makes notes based on a text according to a communicative task; describes real and/or imagined events of the past, present, and future using the knowledge of topics studied before; links and coordinates sentences and paragraphs in a text within the framework of familiar topics; correctly uses punctuation in a text within the framework of familiar topics; creates texts of a range of styles and genres using appropriate rules and layout.
Speaking
A learner conveys the main ideas of a text within the framework of familiar topics logically organizing events; uses the formal and informal registers; presents information within the framework of familiar topics; predicts the content of a text using the heading, pictures, key words, extracts within the framework of familiar topics; askssimple and complex questions to obtain specific information; interacts with peers (in a pair, group) to fulfill learning tasks; compares and contrasts texts within the framework of familiar topics; expresses and opinion providing arguments.
Use of English
A learner expresses him/herself using a good lexical range and variety of language with a generally high degree of accuracy. A learner develops ability to use a range of past, present and future forms and a wider range of modals.
4. Level of thinking skills on subject ‘Englishlanguage’, Grade 5
Strand Level of thinking skills Description Recommended type of question
Listening Knowledge and comprehension Understand classroom instructions on curricular topics; understand basic and personal questions on general and curricular topics; understand meaning of the talk on curricular topics; understand detail information of the talk within the framework of familiar topics; recognise the meaning of a story with some support; identify speakers’ opinion on curricular topics; Questions with multiple choice answers. Questions that require short answer. Questions requiring an extended answer.
Higher order thinking skills figure out the content of a conversation with some support in an extended talk;
Speaking Application use syntax, subject-specific vocabulary in a talk; make up coherent sentences on familiar, general and curricular topics; retell stories and events on familiar topics; Questions that require short answer. Questions requiring an extended answer.
Higher order of thinking skills conveys the main ideas of a text on curricular topics; present information within framework of familiar topics; express own points of view and attitude with supporting arguments on curricular topics; ask simple questions and answer the questions on curricular topics; interact in a pair and group work;
Reading Knowledge and comprehension recognise the main and specific information of a text on different genres and style within the framework of familiar topics; read short fiction and non-fiction texts on curricular topics; recognise writer’s opinion and attitude; Questions with multiple choice answers. Questions that require short answer. Questions requiring an
Application use different reference resources; extended answer.
Higher order thinking skills deduce the meaning from context in short texts; distinguish facts and opinions in a text on curricular topics;
Writing
Application links and coordinates sentences and paragraphs in a text within the framework of familiar topics; use spelling, grammatical and stylistic norms of the language correctly and punctuation marks;
Higher order of thinking skills plan, write, edit and proofread texts within the framework of familiar topics; write sequence of short sentences in a paragraph; write extended sentences that provides personal information; describe people, places and objects, real and imaginary events in past, present and future on curricular topics.
Questions that require short answer. Questions requiring an extended answer.
5. Administration rules
During the Assessment cover all visual materials like, diagram, schemes, posters and maps that can serve as prompts for the learners.
At the beginning of the Assessment read out the instructions and inform the learners about the assessment duration. Remind learners that they are not allowed to talk with each other during the Summative Assessment. After the instructions, make sure they have understood given instructions and ask if they have any questions before the start of the assessment.
Ensure that the learners are working individually and not helping each other. During the Summative Assessment learners should not have any access to additional resources that can help them, for example, dictionaries (excluding the cases when it is allowed in specification).
Recommend learners to cross the wrong answers instead of using an eraser.
During the assessment you can answer learners’ questions, regarding the instructions and the assessment duration. You should not spell, paraphrase or provide any information that could give the learner an advantage.
In case of finishing Listening section before than 10 minutes, feel free to come to Reading section.
Always tell the learners that they have15 and 5 minutes left before the end of the Summative Assessment.
Tell the learners to stop writing and put down their pens/pencils on the desks at the end of the Summative Assessment.
6. Moderation and marking
All teachers use the same version of the mark scheme. During the moderation process it is necessary to check learner sample papers with the marks awarded to ensure there are no deviations from the standardized mark scheme.
SPECIFICATION OF SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT FOR TERM 1 Review of summative assessment for term 1
Duration of the summative assessment- 40 minutes
Listening - 10 minutes
Reading - 10 minutes
Writing - 20 minutes
Speaking task is conducted separately.
Total marks - 20.
The structure of the Summative Assessment
This Summative Assessment consists of 12questions: listening, reading, writing and speaking. Different types of tasks are used in the Summative Assessment for the term.
Multiple choice tasks consist of several possible answers from which the correct one should be selected.
Gap filling task is a task in which words/numbers are removed from a text and replaced with spaces. Learners have to fill each space with the missing word/number or a suitable word.
Matching tasks require learners to match two sets of items according to the instructions for the task.
Open-ended tasks require learners to follow instructions of the task, answer questions in words, expressions and sentences.
Tapescript for listening task can be found in CD3.
The content of the summative assessment for the 1 term should be selected on topics“Home and Away” or/and “Living things” for any strands.
Characteristic of tasks for summative assessment for the 1 term
Unit Strand Learning objective *Total number of questions *Question № *Type of question *Task description Time Total marks
Home and Away. Living things. Listening 5.L6 Deduce meaning from context in short, supported talk on an increasing range of general and curricular topics. 5.L1Understand a sequence of supported classroom instructions. 5 1 2 Multiple choice Each learner works individually. Learners listen to the recording on topic „Home and Away’ twice and underline one word out of three with different spelling.Before the recording starts learners have one minute to get familiar with the questions. 5 minutes 5
3 4 5 Matching Each learner works individually. Learners listen to the recording on topic „Home and away’ twice and write numbers to the pictures in an order they appear in the recording. 5 minutes
Reading 5.R1Understand the main points in a limited range of short simple texts on general and curricular topics. 5 1 2 3 4 5 Matching Each learner works individually. Learners read the text related to the topic “Home and away” and write the names or first letters of the children next to the activities given in the task. 10 minutes 5
Writing 5.W1Plan, write, edit and proofread work at text level with support on a limited range of general and curricular topics. 5.W2 Write with support a sequence of short sentences in a paragraph on a limited range of familiar general topics. 1 1 Open ended Each learner works individually. They write the postcard. Learners make a plan of writing. Learners are expected to answer Alex’s questions. Learners should write their personal feelings and opinions on a given topic using topical vocabulary with appropriate spelling and connecting sentences in a coherent paragraph. 20 minutes 5
5.W7 Use with some support appropriate layout at text level for a limited range of written genres on familiar general topics and some curricular topics
Speaking 5.S1 Provide basic information about themselves and others at sentence level on an increasing range of general topics. 5.S3 Give an opinion at sentence level on a limited range of general and curricular topics. 1 1 Open ended Learners are suggested to choose one picture.Learners individually describe the picture using questions as a support. They should answer the questions in full sentences. Teacher can ask supporting questions if necessary to help learners. Each learner talks for 1 minute. 5
TOTAL: 40 minutes 20
Note: * - sections that can be changed
Sample questions and mark scheme Tasks for the Summative Assessment for the term 1
LISTENING
Task
Part 1.Listen to the recording twice and underline an odd word.CD3.Tapescript 1.
1. [a:] park market bag [1]
2. circus cinema disco [1]
Part 2.Listen to the recording twice and number the pictures. The first picture is done for you as an example.
F 1
3.A [1]
4.B_________________[1]
5.C___________________[1]
Total [5]
READING
Task.Read the text about four learners’ daily routine.
What do they do after school?
My name is Max. After school, I help my mum and dad. Then I go to the park. There I meet my friends and we play different games. When I come home I usually play chess.
I am Julia. After school, I like drawing and painting pictures. Then I write stories. I put the stories and pictures on my bedroom wall.
I am Luke. After school, I do my homework. Then I listen to my CDs and when I have some spare time I sing songs. In the evenings I prefer reading.
My name is Sara. I go swimming every Monday. I play tennis with my friends every Tuesday. Every Thursday I skate in the park with my sister.
Read the text again and identify who does each activity. Write the Learners’ names or first letters next to the phrases. The first task is done for you as an example.
M = Max, J = Julia, L = Luke, S = Sara.
Example: go to the park M_
enjoy Art do sport activities like music
[1]
[1]
[1]
4. keen on reading ____________________[1]
5. spend time with friends [1]
Total [5]
WRITING
Task.Your pen- friend has sent you a postcard of his/her hometown.
Write a postcard to your friend about your hometown. The sample postcard will help you to write a reply.
Hello dear friend,
This is a postcard of my town. My town is not very big, but I think it place. My favourite place is the Castle Bath - I usually go there with my you send me a postcard of your town? How big is your town? What is place in the town? Where do you usually go at the weekends?
Love,
Alex
Write your answer to Alex. Make a plan of your writing and answer the questions.
is a fantastic friends. Can your favorite
Total [5]
SPEAKING
Task.Choose one of the pictures below and describe it. Answer the questions:
• What can you see in the picture?
• Where are people or cartoon characters?
• What are they doing?
• Do you like the picture and why?
Total [5]
Total marks /20
Mark scheme Listening and Reading
№ Answer Mark Additional information
1. Bag 1
2. Circus 1
3. A3 1
4. B2 1
5. C1 1
1. J 1
2. S 1
3. L 1
4. L 1
5. M 1
Total 10
CRITERIA FOR MARKING WRITING
Mark scheme Writing and Speaking
Give points out of 5 for each criterion (content, organization, vocabulary and grammar and punctuation), and then calculate a mean to give a total mark out of 5. All fractional marks should be rounded up to the closest whole mark.
Mark / Criterio n Content (relevance and development of ideas) Organization (cohesion, paragraphing and format) Vocabulary (style and accuracy) Grammar (style and accuracy) and Punctuation (accuracy)
5 • All content is relevant to the task; insignificant content omissions may be present. • The register on the whole corresponds to the requirements of the task; occasional and inconsistent misuse of register may be present. • Most content points are addressed, but their development may be slightly imbalanced. • Uses basic connectors correctly. • Uses paragraphs to separate ideas; most paragraphs revolve around one idea or a set of like ideas; the size of each paragraph may reflect imbalanced development of ideas. • The format is appropriate. • Uses a range of everyday vocabulary appropriately; attempts to use less common lexical items, but may make frequent errors. • Has good control of word formation; may make errors in producing less common word forms. • Spells common vocabulary items correctly; few (no more than five) occasional spelling mistakes may be present. • May often misspell less common lexical items. • Errors in word choice and/or spelling do not distort meaning. • Writes short and extended simple and compound sentence forms correctly. • Occasional errors in grammar and/or punctuation do not distort meaning.
4 • Most content is relevant to the task; insignificant content omissions may be present. • Uses some basic connectors, but these may be inaccurate or repetitive. • Uses everyday vocabulary generally appropriately, while occasionally overusing certain • Writes short and extended simple and some compound sentence forms correctly.
• The register on the whole corresponds to the requirements of the task. • Most content points are addressed, but some content points may be more fully covered than others. • Uses paragraphs to separate ideas, but tends to misuse paragraphing (a script is a set of very short paragraphs or some paragraphs may be much longer than other ones for no apparent reason). • The format is generally appropriate. lexical items. • Has good control of word formation; can produce common word forms correctly. • May make infrequent errors in spelling more difficult words. • Errors in word choice and/or spelling rarely distort meaning. • While errors in grammar and/or punctuation are noticeable, meaning is rarely distorted.
3 • Some content is relevant to the task; significant content omissions may be present. • The register barely corresponds to the requirements of the task. • Only some content points, which are minimally addressed. • Uses a very limited range of basic connectors correctly. • Writes in paragraphs, but may not use them to separate ideas (a script may have random breaks between paragraphs). • The format may be inappropriate in places. • Uses basic vocabulary reasonably appropriately. • Has some control of word formation; can produce some common word forms correctly. • Makes frequent errors in spelling more difficult words, but simple words are spelled correctly. • Errors in word choice and/or spelling distort meaning at times. • Writes short simple sentence forms and most extended simple sentence forms correctly. • Errors in grammar and/or punctuation may distort meaning at times.
2 • Severe irrelevances and misinterpretations of the task may be present. • Only few content points, which are minimally addressed. • May use a very limited range of basic connectors, and those used may not indicate a logical relationship between ideas. • Attempts to write in paragraphs, but their use may be confusing (may start every • Uses an extremely limited range of vocabulary. • Has very limited control of word formation; can produce a few common word forms correctly. • Makes many errors in spelling, including a range of • Writes only very short simple sentence forms correctly. • Frequent errors in grammar and/or punctuation distort meaning.
sentence with a new line). • The format may be inappropriate. simple words. • Errors in word choice and/or spelling distort meaning.
1 • Attempts the task, but it is largely misinterpreted and the response is barely relevant to the task. • Links are missing or incorrect. • Does not write in paragraphs at all (a script is a block of text). • The format is not appropriate. • Can only use a few isolated words and/or memorized phrases. • Has essentially no control of word formation; can barely produce any word forms. • Displays few examples of conventional spelling. • No evidence of sentence forms.
0 • Does not attempt the task in any way. OR • The response is completely irrelevant to the task. OR • There is too little language to assess. OR • Content is completely incomprehensible due to extremely poor handwriting: very few words are distinguishable, so there is a lack of context to verify meaning.
CRITERIA FOR MARKING SPEAKING
Give a mark out of 5 for each criterion (development and fluency, and language), and then calculate a mean to give an overall total out of 5.
Mark / Criterio n Development and Fluency Language
5 • Responds relevantly and at length which makes frequent prompting unnecessary, resulting in a competent conversation. • Produces mostly extended stretches of language despite some • Produces error-free simple sentences. • Uses a range of appropriate vocabulary when talking about a range of general and curricular topics.
hesitation, although instances of using short phrases may be present. • Can generally respond to change in direction of the conversation. • Pronunciation is generally intelligible. • Intonation is generally appropriate • Occasional mistakes do not cause comprehension problems.
4 • Attempts to respond to questions and prompts. • Produces responses which are extended beyond short phrases, despite hesitation. • Effort will need to be made to develop the conversation; only partial success will be achieved. • Pronunciation is mostly intelligible. • May not follow English intonation patterns at times. • Frequently produces error-free simple sentences. • Uses appropriate vocabulary to talk about a limited range of general and curricular topics. • Errors may cause comprehension problems.
3 • Responses tend to be brief and are characterized by frequent hesitation. • Has to be encouraged to go beyond short responses and struggles to develop a conversation. • There is a lack of intelligibility of pronunciation, but it is unlikely to impede communication. • May not follow English intonation patterns frequently. • Produces basic sentence forms and some correct simple sentences. • Uses a limited range of appropriate vocabulary to talk about a limited range of general topics. • Errors are frequent and may lead to misunderstanding.
2 • Responses are so brief that little is communicated. • Barely engages in a conversation. • Pronunciation may cause some communication difficulty. • Does not follow English intonation patterns. • Attempts basic sentence forms, but with limited success. OR • Heavily relies on apparently memorized utterances. • Uses a limited range of appropriate vocabulary to talk about a very limited range of general topics. • Makes numerous errors except in memorized expressions.
1 • No communication possible. • Pronunciation and intonation patterns cause difficulty for even the most sympathetic listener. • Cannot produce basic sentence forms. • Can only produce isolated words and phrases or memorized utterances.
0 • No attempt at the response. OR
______________• No rateable language.__________________________________________
*Speech deficiencies should not be considered as affecting intelligibility.
SPECIFICATION OF SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT FOR TERM 2 Review of summative assessment for term 2 Duration of the summative assessment - 40 minutes
Listening - 10 minutes
Reading - 10 minutes
Writing - 20 minutes
Total marks- 20 The structure of the summative assessment
This Summative Assessment consists of 12questions: listening, reading, writing and speaking. Different types of tasks are used in the Summative Assessment for the term.
Gap filling tasks is a task in which words/numbers are removed from a text and replaced with spaces. Learners have to fill each space with the missing word/number or a suitable word.
True/False tasks offer a series of statements each of which should be judged as true or false according to the text.
Open-ended tasks require learners to follow instructions of the task, answer questions in words, expressions and sentences.
The content of the summative assessment for the 2 term should be selected on topics“ Values” and “The world of work” for any strands.
Characteristic of tasks for summative assessment for the 2 term
Unit Strand Learning objective *Total number of questions *Quest ion№ *Type of question *Task description Time Total marks
Values. The world of work. Listening 5.L8 Understand supported narratives, including some extended talk, on an increasing range of general and curricular topics 5 1 2 3 4 5 Gap filling Each learner works individually. Learners listen to the recording twice and complete the sentences with suitable words from the box related to the topics “Values” or “The world of work”. Before the recording starts learners have one minute to get familiar with the questions. The task includes 5 questions. Learners match the pictures to the numbers. 10 minutes 5
Reading 5.R2 Understand with little support specific information and detail in short, simple texts on a limited range of general and curricular topics. 5 1 2 3 4 5 True/Fal se Each learner works individually. Learners read the text on topic „The world of work’.The task consists of 5 questions. In each question learners should identify whether the statements are true or false and write True or False. 10 minutes 5
Writing 5.W7 Use with some support appropriate layout at text level for a limited range of written genres on familiar general topics and some curricular topics. 5.W5 Link without support sentences using basic coordinating connectors 1 1 Open ended Each learner works individually. Learners write a short letter using appropriate grammar structures, layout for the letter and linking words covered during the term. 20 minutes 5
Speaking 5.S7 Use appropriate subject-specific vocabulary and syntax to talk about a 1 1 Open ended Learners individually describe the picture using subject related vocabulary covered during the term on the topics “Values”, “The Each learner talks for 5
limited range of general topics. world of the work”. Learners are supposed to use appropriate grammar structures. Learners prepare for 1 minute and speak 1 minute. Teacher can ask supporting questions if necessary to help learners. 1 minute
Note: *-sections that can be changed
Sample questions and mark scheme Tasks for the Summative Assessment for the term 2
LISTENING
Task.Listen to the recording twice and fill in the blanks with suitable words from the box. CD3. Tapescript2.
Married Lives
Large flowers Works
My family 1 ________________________ in Melbourne. There are six people in my family. My
mother and father live in a 2__________________________________house. The house has four bedrooms and a
big backyard. There are 3___________________________________in the front yard. My older brother, Alan, is
4__________________________and has two children. My younger brother, Bill, and my sister, Sue,
live at home. My father 5_________________________in an office in Belmore. He is a manager. My
mother works at home and looks after the house. I am very lucky to have a wonderful family.
Total [5]
READING
Task.Read the text about Molly’s job.
She works at a zoo
I’m at the zoo with Molly. Molly works at the zoo. She looks after the big animals: elephants, giraffes, lions and tigers. Molly says,
“My favorite animals are the elephants. At the moment we’ve got six elephants at the zoo. Two of the elephants are babies. They are very cute.”
Molly gets up every day at six o’clock. She starts work at seven o’clock. First, she feeds the lions and tigers. They eat meat.
Then she feeds the giraffes and the elephants. They eat vegetables. All the animals drink water. Molly says, “I go home at three o’clock. I’m always happy as I love my job!”
Read the text again and write next to the sentences True/False according to the text. The first task is done for you as an example.
Example: Molly works at a garage.
False_
1. She looks after the big animals.
2. Her favorite animals are the tigers.
3. There are four elephants at the zoo.
4. Molly gets up at 6 o’clock.
5. The lions eat salad.
_[1]
_[1]
_[1]
_[1]
[1]
Total [5]
WRITING
Task.Write a letter to your friend about your new friends. The sample letter will help you to write a reply.
Hello dear friend,
I want to tell you about my new friends in Cambridge. I met them at school. They are very funny and friendly. They are Nicola, Mark and Sue. We go to school together. We have the same interests. Write me about your friends.
I am looking forward to your answer.
Love,
Miras
Write your answer to Miras.
Total [5]
SPEAKING
Task.Choose ONE of the pictures and describe it. Answer the questions:
• Who is on the picture?
• What does he/she do?
• Where does he/she work?
• Who does he/she work with?
• Do you like this profession? Why? / Why not?
Total [5] Total marks __/20
1. Lives 1
2. Large 1
3. Flowers 1
4. Married 1
5. Works 1
1. True 1
2. False 1
3. False 1
4. True 1
5. False 1
Total 10
Give points out of 5 for each criterion (content, organization, vocabulary and grammar and punctuation), and then calculate a mean to give a total mark out of 5. All fractional marks should be rounded up to the closest whole mark.
Mark / Criterio n Content (relevance and development of ideas) Organization (cohesion, paragraphing and format) Vocabulary (style and accuracy) Grammar (style and accuracy) and Punctuation (accuracy)
5 • All content is relevant to the task; insignificant content omissions may be present. • The register on the whole corresponds to the requirements of the task; occasional and inconsistent misuse of register may be present. • Most content points are addressed, but their development may be slightly imbalanced. • Uses basic connectors correctly. • Uses paragraphs to separate ideas; most paragraphs revolve around one idea or a set of like ideas; the size of each paragraph may reflect imbalanced development of ideas. • The format is appropriate. • Uses a range of everyday vocabulary appropriately; attempts to use less common lexical items, but may make frequent errors. • Has good control of word formation; may make errors in producing less common word forms. • Spells common vocabulary items correctly; few (no more than five) occasional spelling mistakes may be present. • May often misspell less common lexical items. • Errors in word choice and/or spelling do not distort meaning. • Writes short and extended simple and compound sentence forms correctly. • Occasional errors in grammar and/or punctuation do not distort meaning.
4 • Most content is relevant to the task; insignificant content omissions may be present. • Uses some basic connectors, but these may be inaccurate or repetitive. • Uses everyday vocabulary generally appropriately, while occasionally overusing certain • Writes short and extended simple and some compound sentence forms correctly.
• The register on the whole corresponds to the requirements of the task. • Most content points are addressed, but some content points may be more fully covered than others. • Uses paragraphs to separate ideas, but tends to misuse paragraphing (a script is a set of very short paragraphs or some paragraphs may be much longer than other ones for no apparent reason). • The format is generally appropriate. lexical items. • Has good control of word formation; can produce common word forms correctly. • May make infrequent errors in spelling more difficult words. • Errors in word choice and/or spelling rarely distort meaning. • While errors in grammar and/or punctuation are noticeable, meaning is rarely distorted.
3 • Some content is relevant to the task; significant content omissions may be present. • The register barely corresponds to the requirements of the task. • Only some content points, which are minimally addressed. • Uses a very limited range of basic connectors correctly. • Writes in paragraphs, but may not use them to separate ideas (a script may have random breaks between paragraphs). • The format may be inappropriate in places. • Uses basic vocabulary reasonably appropriately. • Has some control of word formation; can produce some common word forms correctly. • Makes frequent errors in spelling more difficult words, but simple words are spelled correctly. • Errors in word choice and/or spelling distort meaning at times. • Writes short simple sentence forms and most extended simple sentence forms correctly. • Errors in grammar and/or punctuation may distort meaning at times.
2 • Severe irrelevances and misinterpretations of the task may be present. • Only few content points, which are minimally addressed. • May use a very limited range of basic connectors, and those used may not indicate a logical relationship between ideas. • Attempts to write in paragraphs, but their use may be confusing (may start every • Uses an extremely limited range of vocabulary. • Has very limited control of word formation; can produce a few common word forms correctly. • Makes many errors in spelling, including a range of • Writes only very short simple sentence forms correctly. • Frequent errors in grammar and/or punctuation distort meaning.
sentence with a new line). • The format may be inappropriate. simple words. • Errors in word choice and/or spelling distort meaning.
1 • Attempts the task, but it is largely misinterpreted and the response is barely relevant to the task. • Links are missing or incorrect. • Does not write in paragraphs at all (a script is a block of text). • The format is not appropriate. • Can only use a few isolated words and/or memorized phrases. • Has essentially no control of word formation; can barely produce any word forms. • Displays few examples of conventional spelling. • No evidence of sentence forms.
0 • Does not attempt the task in any way. OR • The response is completely irrelevant to the task. OR • There is too little language to assess. OR • Content is completely incomprehensible due to extremely poor handwriting: very few words are distinguishable, so there is a lack of context to verify meaning.
Give a mar out of 5 for each criterion (development and fluency, and language), and then calculate a mean to give an overall total out of 5.
5 • Responds relevantly and at length which makes frequent prompting unnecessary, resulting in a competent conversation. • Produces mostly extended stretches of language despite some hesitation, although instances of using short phrases may be • Produces error-free simple sentences. • Uses a range of appropriate vocabulary when talking about a range of general and curricular topics. • Occasional mistakes do not cause comprehension problems.
present. • Can generally respond to change in direction of the conversation. • Pronunciation is generally intelligible. • Intonation is generally appropriate
4 • Attempts to respond to questions and prompts. • Produces responses which are extended beyond short phrases, despite hesitation. • Effort will need to be made to develop the conversation; only partial success will be achieved. • Pronunciation is mostly intelligible. • May not follow English intonation patterns at times. • Frequently produces error-free simple sentences. • Uses appropriate vocabulary to talk about a limited range of general and curricular topics. • Errors may cause comprehension problems.
3 • Responses tend to be brief and are characterized by frequent hesitation. • Has to be encouraged to go beyond short responses and struggles to develop a conversation. • There is a lack of intelligibility of pronunciation, but it is unlikely to impede communication. • May not follow English intonation patterns frequently. • Produces basic sentence forms and some correct simple sentences. • Uses a limited range of appropriate vocabulary to talk about a limited range of general topics. • Errors are frequent and may lead to misunderstanding.
2 • Responses are so brief that little is communicated. • Barely engages in a conversation. • Pronunciation may cause some communication difficulty. • Does not follow English intonation patterns. • Attempts basic sentence forms, but with limited success. OR • Heavily relies on apparently memorized utterances. • Uses a limited range of appropriate vocabulary to talk about a very limited range of general topics. • Makes numerous errors except in memorized expressions.
1 • No communication possible. • Pronunciation and intonation patterns cause difficulty for even the most sympathetic listener. • Cannot produce basic sentence forms. • Can only produce isolated words and phrases or memorized utterances.
_______________ • No rateable language._________________________________________
SPECIFICATION OF SUMMATIVE ASSESSMMENT FOR TERM 3 Review of summative assessment for term 3 Duration of the summative assessment - 40 minutes
Listening - 10 minutes
Reading - 10 minutes
Writing - 20 minutes
Total marks- 20 The structure of the summative assessment
Gap filling task is a task in which words/numbers are removed from a text and replaced with spaces. Learners have to fill each space with the missing word/number or a suitable word.
The content of the summative assessment for the 3 term should be selected on topics“Creativity”, “Reading for pleasure” and “Fantasy world” for any strands.
Characteristic of tasks for summative assessment for the 3 term
*Total
Unit Strand Learning objective number of questions *Ques tion№ *Type of question *Task description Time Total marks
5.L4 Understand the main 5 1 Matching Each learner works individually. 10 5
points of supported extended 2 Learners listen to the recording twice minutes
talk on a range of general and 3 and write the name of the room in the
curricular topics. 4 plan. Before the recording starts, learners
Listening 5 have one minute to get familiar with the picture. The task includes 5 questions. Learners write the names of the rooms near the
Creativity. Reading for pleasure. Fantasy world. numbers.

5.R2 Understand with little 5 1 Gap filling Each learner works individually. 10 5
support specific information 2 Learners read a short text on the topic minutes
Reading and detail in short, simple 3 “Fantasy World” and complete the
texts on a limited range of 4 sentences with the given words.
general and curricular topics. 5
5.W6 Link, with some support, sentences into coherent paragraphs using basic connectors on a limited 1 1 Open ended Each learner works individually. Learners write a paragraph about Ann’s daily routine using words from the box and supporting pictures. They are 20 minutes 5
Writing range of familiar general expected to use appropriate linking
topics. 5.W8 Spell most high-frequency words accurately for a limited range of general topics. words to make a coherent paragraph and spell topic related vocabulary accurately.
Speaking 5.S1 Provide basic information about themselves and others at sentence level on an increasing range of general topics. 1 1 Open ended Learners choose one card and provide personal information using supporting questions. Teacher can ask supporting questions if necessary to help learners. Each learner talks for 1 minute 5
Sample questions and mark scheme Tasks for the Summative Assessment for the term 3
Listening
Task. Listen to the recording and write the name of each room in the correct place on the Floor plan. You will listen to the recording twice.
CD3. Tapescript 3.
A Floor plan
3. 4.

Total [5]
Reading
Task.Read_the text andcompletethe sentences_usjng the_words fromthe box in the_cqrrecqform.
Dolphin Dreams is a perfect holiday! We take people in our boats and we visit dolphins in the sea. You can swim with beautiful dolphins!
Do you know...?
Dolphins aren’t dangerous. They are very friendly. They love playing with people.
Dolphins can’t breathe under water, but they can stay under water for about 15 minutes.
Dolphins live in families Dolphins have names. Their names are special sounds. They use the sounds to call their friends and family.
Dolphins can’t live in polluted water, but a lot of the sea is polluted. We want to make the sea a clean and safe place for dolphins

to pollute a danger beauty to clean a friend
Dolphins aren’t ugly. They are______________________
Dolphins can’t live in polluted water. They live in Dolphins are safe. They aren’t______________________
Dolphins are not aggressive. They are A lot of the sea isn’t clean. It is
. [1]
water.[1]
:____.
. [1]
Total [5]
Writing
Task.Think about imaginary place you would like to live. Describe it.The following questions will help you.
What place is it?
Why would you like to live there?
What is the weather there?
What does this place have?
What can you there?
What can you do there?
The name of place is Velcita.I like this place because it is beautiful and clean.
Total [5]
Speaking
Task.Choose ONE card, speak about the topic and answer the questions.
Music
1. How often do you listen to music?
2. When do you normally listen to music?
3. Can you do other activities when you listen to music?
4. What music do you like?
Reading books
1. How often do you read books?
2. When do you normally read books?
3. What is your favourite book?
4. Where do you like reading books?
Art
1. What types of art activities do you know?
2. What art activity are you fond of?
3. Describe your activity.
4. When and where do you like doing it?
Poem
1. What poem have you learnt by heart recently?
2. When did you learn it?
3. What is this poem about?
4. Did you like the poem? Why? Why not?
Total marks /20
1. Hall 1
2. Lounge 1
3. Dining room 1
4. Bathroom 1
5. Kitchen 1
1. Beautiful 1
2. Clean 1
3. Dangerous 1
4. Friendly 1
5. Polluted 1
Total 10
Give a mar out of 5 for each criterion (development and fluency, and language), and then calculate a mean to give an overall total out of 5.
5 • Responds relevantly and at length which makes frequent prompting unnecessary, resulting in a competent conversation. • Produces mostly extended stretches of language despite some hesitation, although instances of using short phrases may be • Produces error-free simple sentences. • Uses a range of appropriate vocabulary when talking about a range of general and curricular topics. • Occasional mistakes do not cause comprehension problems.
present. • Can generally respond to change in direction of the conversation. • Pronunciation is generally intelligible. • Intonation is generally appropriate
_______________ • No rateable language._________________________________________
SPECIFICATION OF SUMMATIVE ASSESSMMENT FOR TERM 4 Review of summative assessment for term 4
Duration of the summative assessment - 40 minutes
Listening - 10 minutes
Reading - 10 minutes
Writing - 20 minutes
Total marks- 20
The structure of the summative assessment
True/False tasks require learners to identify whether the given information is true or false. Open-ended tasks require learners to follow instructions of the task, answer questions in words, expressions and sentences.
The content of the summative assessment for the 4 term should be selected on topics“Sports” and “Holidays” for any strands.
Characteristic of tasks for summative assessment for the 4 term
Unit Strand Learning objective *Total number of questions *Quest ion № *Type of question *Task description Time Total marks
Listening 5.L8 Understand supported narratives, including some extended talk, on an increasing range of general and curricular topics. 5 1 2 3 4 5 Gap filling Each learner works individually. Learners listen to the recording twice and complete the gaps with suitable word and phrases.Before the recording starts, learners have one minute to get familiar with the questions.The task includes 5 questions. 10 minutes 5
Sports. Holidays. Reading 5.R3 Understand the detail of an argument on a limited range of familiar general and curricular topics 5 1 2 3 4 5 True/False Each learner works individually. Learners read the postcard and identify sentences for True or False statements using information from the text. Learners are expected to write True or False next to the sentences. 10 minutes 5
Writing 5.W4 Write with support a sequence of extended sentences in a paragraph to give basic personal information. 1 1 Open ended Each learner works individually. Learners write an e-mail answering the given questions and providing personal information. They should answer the questions in full sentences connecting them in a coherent paragraph. 20 minutes 5
Speaking 5.S2 Ask simple questions to get information about a limited range of general topics 1 1 Open ended Learners work in pairs. Learners are given the topic for the discussion. They make up a dialogue by asking and answering the questions using words and expressions, and supporting pictures. Each pair talks for 12 minutes 5
Sample questions and mark scheme Tasks for the Summative Assessment for the term 4
LISTENING
Task. Listen to the conversation and complete the gaps with suitable phrases. You will listen to the conversation twice.
CD3. Tapescript4.
Total [5]
READING
Task.Read the text and write True (T) or False (F) next to the sentences.
Hi Ellie,
How are you? Are you having a nice holiday? I’m having a great time in Spain!
It’s great weather here! It’s very hot and sunny. My family and I go to the beach every day. The beach is a lot of fun because you can do lots of water sports here. I’m going to waterski this afternoon.
The food here is great. We’re going to eat in a seafood restaurant tonight. I love seadfood. I want to try octopus!
We’re going to visit a museum tomorrow morning. It is about the history of Spain. Then later we’re going to go shopping in the town. We want to buy some presents. I want to get you a present from Spain.
We are going to fly home next week. I want to show you all my photos!
See you soon.
Best wishes,
Lisa
Write True or False.
1. Lisa is in Australia. [1]
2. Lisa is going to waterski this afternoon. [1]
3. Lisa’s family is going to eat seafood tonight. [1]
4. Lisa doesn’t like seafood. [1]
5. Lisa is going to buy Ellie a present. [1]
Total [5]
s
s
Ellie Harris,
4 Bluebell Lane, Oxford,
OT2 9LM England
WRITING
Task.Rob is your pen-friend. Reply to Rob’s email. Tell him about sports in your school. Think about these questions:
What sports do you do at your school?
What after-school sports clubs do you go to?
What sports clubs can you recommend Rob to try in your school? Why?
To:
Subject:
Insert:
rob1995@gm ail .com
Sports
Attachments
Photos В I U
Videos
Total [5]
SPEAKING
Task.Look at the pictures about Mike’s holiday. Ask your partner 3 questions to get information about Mike’s holiday. You can use the expressions below.
eat a sandwich / eat an ice-cream wear a hat / wear sunglasses water-ski / surf look at a bird / look at a fish
Total [5] Total marks __/20
1. Reading 1
2. Playing 1
3. Likes snorkeling 1
4. Standing 1
5. Swimming 1
1. False 1
2. True 1
3. True 1
4. True 1
5. True 1
Total 10
Give a mark out of 5 for each criterion (development and fluency, and language), and then calculate a mean to give an overall total out of 5.
5 • Responds relevantly and at length which makes frequent prompting unnecessary, resulting in a competent conversation. • Produces error-free simple sentences. • Uses a range of appropriate vocabulary when talking about a
• Produces mostly extended stretches of language despite some hesitation, although instances of using short phrases may be present. • Can generally respond to change in direction of the conversation. • Pronunciation is generally intelligible. • Intonation is generally appropriate range of general and curricular topics. • Occasional mistakes do not cause comprehension problems.
'Speech deficiencies should not be considered as affecting intelligibility

Верх