TEGINSOR.RU

Команда форума
Модератор
Оценка реакций
Methodological recommendations
for Summative Assessment
English
Grade 2

Methodological recommendations for Summative Assessment are designed to assist teachers in planning, organizing and carrying out Summative Assessment in “English” for the Grade 2 learners. Methodological recommendations are aligned with the Subject Programme and Course plan. Summative Assessment in Grade 2 is conducted in Terms 1,2,3 and 4.
Summative Assessment Tasks for unit/cross curricular unit will allow teachers to determine the level of the learning objectives achievement planned for the term. Methodological recommendations comprise tasks, assessment criteria with descriptors and marks for conducting Summative Assessment across the unit/cross curricular unit. Also this document includes possible levels of the learners’ academic achievement (rubrics). Tasks with descriptors and marks can be considered as recommendations.
Summative Assessment Specification with mark scheme is suggested for conducting at the end of the term. It is standardized and is obligatory to adhere to for conducting Summative Assessment for the term.
Methodological recommendations are designed for primary school teachers, school administrations, educational departments’ seniors, regional and school coordinators in criteria-based assessment and others.

========2========

Contents
TERM 1 ........................................................................................................................................................4 SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT TASKS .......................................................................................................4
Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “All about me” ......................................................4
Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “My family and friends” .......................................7
Specification of Summative Assessment for term 1. ...............................................................................10 TERM 2. .....................................................................................................................................................15 SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT TASKS .....................................................................................................15
Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “My school” ........................................................15
Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “The world around us” ........................................18
Specification of Summative Assessment for term 2. ...............................................................................21 TERM 3 ......................................................................................................................................................26 SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT TASKS .....................................................................................................26
Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “Health and body” ...............................................26
Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “Traditions and customs” ....................................29
Specification of Summative Assessment for Term 3. .............................................................................32 TERM 4 ......................................................................................................................................................38 SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT TASKS .....................................................................................................38 Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “The natural environment” ..................................38 Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “Travel” ...............................................................42 Specification of Summative Assessment for term 4. ...............................................................................45

========3========

TERM 1
SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT TASKS
Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “All about me”
Learning objective
2.L2 Recognize with considerable support an increasing range
of common personal questions
2.S8 Give simple instructions for others to follow
Assessment criteria
• •
Identify personal questions with considerable support Give simple commands to follow
Level of thinking skills
Knowledge and comprehension Application
Duration
20 minutes
Listening
Task 1. Listen to the questions. Answer the questions.
What is your name?
How old are you?
What colour is your hair?
What colour are your eyes?
Where are you from?
Task 2. Look at the pictures. Listen to the questions twice. Circle Yes or No answers.
1. Does he brush his teeth? Yes No
2. Does she play tennis? Yes No
3. Does he wash his face? Yes No
4. Do they watch TV? Yes No
5. Do they play football? Yes No

========4========

Speaking
Task 3. Look at the pictures. Give simple instructions to your classmate. The class follows them.
Assessment criteria
Task
Descriptor A learner
says his/her name; says his/her age;
says colour of his/her hair; says colour of his/her eyes; says the name of the country; 1. circles Yes;
2. circles No;
3. circles No;
4. circles No;
5. circles Yes;
gives instruction “Jump”; gives instruction “Listen”; gives instruction “Write”; gives instruction “Read”.
Mark
Identify personal questions with considerable support.
Give simple commands to follow.
Total marks
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 14

========5========

gives
High
ollows commands
s and instructions

“All about me”
Develops the task fully.
Confident in identifying
questions, answers questions
correctly
Adresses the task fully,
command
correctly. F
and instructions appropriately
of
his/her
and in
saying
tions according
Middle
Jump /Listen/ Write/
Level of learning achievements
Makes mistakes in
name/ age/ colour of hair/ colour
eyes/ name of the country
answering the ques
to the pictures
Addresses the task. Makes mistakes
in giving commands and
instructions
Read
st of the answers
Low
correct answers to the
iving commands and
Experiences challenges in
giving
questions. Mo
are incorrect
g
instructions
support
ubrics for providing information to parents on the results of Summative Assessment for the unit
R
ssessment criteria
A
earner’s name ___________________________________
Identify personal
questions with
considerable
Give simple
commands to follow
L

========6========

Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “My family and friends”
Learning objective
2.R1 Read and spell out words for others
2.UE13 Use can to talk about ability and to make requests and offers; use can / can’t to talk about permission
Assessment criteria
• •
Read and spell out words
Talk about ability, make requests and offers, and ask for permission using can and can’t
Level of thinking skills
Duration
20 minutes
Reading
Task 1 .Read the words. Match the words to the pictures.
Friends
Car
Family
Ball
House

========7========

Use of English
Task 2. Ask question using can.
Take a book
Task 3. Read the sentences. Write can or can’t.
The
The
Task №
______
climb, but
can
jump, but
can
run, but
Descriptor
A learner
can’t
fly.
_______
fly.
_______
climb.
Mark
Additional information
Assessment criteria Read and spell out words
matches 1st picture to the “Family” matches 2nd picture to the “House”
matches 3rd picture to the “Car” matches 4th picture to the “Friends”
matches 5th picture to the “Ball”
1 1 1 1
Talk about ability, make requests and offers, and ask for permission using can and can’t.
2 Asks question with take a book
Total marks
1. writes ‘can’ 2. writes ‘can’t’ 3. writes ‘can’t’
1 1 1 1 1
Any other answers are acceptable until can and cannot have used in
sentences appropriately.

========8========

High
matches words to
orrectly
C
their pictures
Confidently uses can and
can’t in questions and
affirmative sentences

terrogative/
matching the
/ ball
in
Middle
friends
to their pictures family/
Makes mistakes
words
house/ car/
Makes mistakes in using can /
can’t in declarative/ in
negative sentences

in
Low
in sentences
Experiences challenges
matching the words to their
pictures
Experiences challenges in using
can and can’t
criteria
Rubrics for providing information to parents on the results of Summative Assessment for the unit “My family and friends”
earner’s name ____________________________
L
Assessment
Read and spell out words
Talk about ability, make
requests and offers, and ask for
permission using can and can’t

========9========

Specification of Summative Assessment for term 1
1. Aim of the Summative Assessment for the term
Summative Assessment is aimed to assess learners’ success in terms of the learning objectives achievement and reveal their level of knowledge and skills acquired during the term within the framework of updating the secondary education content.
Specification describes the content and procedure for the delivery of the Summative Assessment
for the term in “English” in Grade 2.
2. The document defining the content of the Summative Assessment for the term
Subject Programme in “English” (within the framework of updating the secondary education
content) for primary education (Grades 1 – 4).
3. Review of Summative Assessment for term 1.
3.1 Duration - 40 minutes.
Total marks – 20.
Speaking task is conducted separately.
3.2. The structure of the Summative Assessment
Different types of multiple choice and open-ended tasks are used in the Summative
Assessment for term.
This Assessment consists of 5 tasks. Multiple choice tasks require learners choose one correct answer. Open-ended tasks require learners follow instructions, answer questions in words,
expressions and sentences.
Cross curricular
unit All about me My family and friends
Strand
Learning objective
Listening
2.L1 Understand a range of
Reading
short basic supported classroom instructions 2.R1 Read and spell out words for others
Writing
2.W5 Write letters and familiar high frequency
words when read aloud or
spelt out for learners
2.UE1 Use singular nouns,
plural nouns – including some common irregular
plural forms in giving simple
descriptions.
Speaking
2.S2 Ask questions in order to satisfy basic needs and find information on familiar topics and classroom routines
Task №
Type of question/ Task description
Total marks
Open-ended task. Learners listen and follow the instructions.
Matching task. Learners read, spell the words and match them to the pictures. Gap filling task. Learners choose the appropriate letters to complete the words. Open-ended task. Learners describe the pictures using singular and plural nouns.
Open-ended task. Learners answer questions using supporting picture.

========10========

Sample questions and mark scheme
Tasks for the Summative Assessment for the term 1
Listening
Task 1. Listen and colour.
Teacher reads the following instructions: 1. Colour the boy’s T-shirt red.
2. Colour the girl’s dress yellow. 3. Colour the boy’s shorts blue.
4. Colour the girl’s shoes green.
[4]
Reading
Task 2. Read, spell and match pictures to the words.
[4]

========11========

Writing
Task 3. Complete the words.
Teacher can read the words ‘hat, coat, trousers, socks’ or initial letters from the box.
Tr C S H
___at
____ oat
_____ ousers
_____ ocks
[4]
Use of English
Task 4. Look at the pictures and m ake up sentences.
[4]

========12========

Speaking
Task 5. Look at the pictures and ask your classmate question. Use words from the box.
Yes, please. No problem. Sure. Here you are. Sorry, I need it.
Sorry, it’s not mine. Sorry, I cannot.
Example:
− P1.: Can you wash the dishes?
− P2.: Sure.
− P1.: Can you cross the street?
− P2.: Yes, I can.
− P1: Can you help me with cleaning?
− P2: No problem.
− P1: Can you give me the book, please?
− P2: Here you are.
[4]
Mark scheme
Task №
Answer
Colours the boy’s T-shirt red. Colours the girl’s dress yellow. Colours the boy’s shorts blue. Colours the girl’s shoes green. Matches 1
st
picture to the word ‘Football’;
Matches 2
nd
picture to the word ‘Jump’ ;
Mark 1 1 1 1 1
Additional information
Matches 3
rd
picture to the word ‘Help’;
Matches 4
th
picture to the word ‘Friends’;
1.Hat 2.Coat 3.Trousers 4.Socks
1 1 1 1

========13========

The boy has got a puppy/a dog. /
There are many books./ Children have
got many books.
The boy has got 3 gifts/ presents.
The girl has got 4 balloons/ beautiful
balloons.
Can you wash the dishes? / Yes, I can / I can wash dishes / Sure / No, I cannot Can you cross the street? / Yes, I can / Sure / I can cross the street / No problem
/ No, I cannot
Can you help me with cleaning? / Yes, I can / Sure / No problem / I can clean the house / I can help you with cleaning /
Sorry, I cannot
Can you give me the book, please? / Sorry, It’s not mine / Yes, I can / Yes, please / Here you are / Sorry, I need it
Total marks
5. Administration rules
1 1
1 1
Any other answers are acceptable if learners use singular and/or plural nouns in the sentences to describe
the pictures. Any other questions
and answers are acceptable if learners use words, phrases and
sentences
appropriately.
During the Assessment cover all visual materials like, diagram, schemes, posters and maps
that can serve as prompts for the learners.
At the beginning of the Assessment read out the instructions and inform the learners about the assessment duration. Remind learners that they are not allowed to talk with each other duri ng the Summative Assessment. After the instructions, make sure they have understood given instructions and ask if they have any questions before the start of the assessment.
Ensure that the learners are working individually and not helping each other. During the Summative Assessment learners should not have any access to additional recourses that can help them, for example, dictionaries (excluding the cases when it is allowed in specification)
Recommend learners to cross the wrong answers instead of using an eraser.
During the assessment you can answer learners’ questions, regarding the instructions and the assessment duration. You should not spell, paraphrase or provide any information that could give
the learner an advantage.
Always tell the learners that they have 5 minutes left before the end of the Summative
Assessment.
Tell the learners to stop writing and put down their pens/pencils on the desks at the end of
the Summative Assessment.
6. Moderation and marking
All teachers use the same version of the mark scheme. During the moderation process it is necessary to check learner sample papers with the marks awarded to ensure there are no deviations
from the standardized mark scheme.

========14========

TERM 2
Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “My school”
Learning objective
2.L3 Understand the main points of short, slow and carefully articulated talk on routine and familiar topics features such as colour and number
2.W7 Spell some familiar high–frequency words accurately during guided writing activities
Assessment criteria

Recognise the main idea in a short talk on routine and familiar topics such as colour and number Write familiar high–frequency words accurately
Level of thinking skills
Duration
15 minutes
Listening
Task 1. Listen and number the pictures.
1. 2. 3. 4.
It is a yellow room. You can jump and run in this room. There are 5 computers in this room. You can work there. There are many books there. You can come and read them. There are food and drinks in the room. You can eat there.
A
B
C
D

========15========

Writing
Task 2. Write the name of the objects.
Teacher reads the words
1. Chair
2. Table
3. Pencil
4. Bag
5. Book
1. ___________________ 2. ___________________ 3. ___________________ 4. ___________________ 5. ___________________
Assessment criteria
Task №
Recognise the main idea in a short talk on familiar topics such as colour and number Write familiar high- frequency words accurately
Total marks
Descriptor A learner writes № 3 for A writes №1for B writes №4 for C writes № 2 for D writes ‘chair’ writes ‘table’ writes ‘pencil writes ‘bag writes ‘book

Mark
Additional information
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9
Learner can write in any order. 1 point for each correct answer.

========16========

school
High
Completes the
writes
My school”

fident at identifying
Con
main information in the
sentences.
task correctly
Correctly
objects
rooms:
writing
chair/ table/ bag/
Middle
computer
Good at identifying main
information in the sentences.
Some minor problems at
recognizing school’s
library/ gym/ canteen/
/
Makes mistakes in
school objects:
book/ pencil
the results of Summative Assessment for the unit “

Low
school objects
recognizing the main
information in the sentences
writing
in a
idea
frequency
-
such as colour
high
routine and
criteria
ssessment
Rubrics for providing information to parents on
A

topics
Recognise the main
short talk on
familiar
and number
Write familiar
words accurately
Learner’s name ____________________________________

========17========

Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “The world around us”
Learning objective
2.S3 Use a limited range of basic words, phrases and short sentences to describe objects, activities and classroom routines 2.UE13 Use can to talk about ability and to make requests and offers; use can / can’t to talk about permission
Assessment criteria

Apply basic words, phrases and short sentences in a talk about objects, activities and classroom routines Talk about ability, make requests and offers, and ask for permission using can and can’t
Level of thinking skills
Application
Duration
20 minutes
Speaking
Task 1. Describe the picture. Use the words from the box.
Flag Kazakhstan Russia Great Britain Japan

Use of English
Task 2. Look at the road signs. Choose can or can’t to complete the sentences.
1. Stop! You …………….. go. (can / can’t) 2. Danger! You ………….. enter. (can / can’t) 3. Go! You ………..… go. (can / can’t) 4. Bicycle! You ………… ride a bike. (can / can’t)

========18========

Task 3. Read the statements about monkeys. Write “True” (T) or “False” (F) next to the sentence.
T F
1. Monkeys can walk. __ __
2. They can play tennis. __ __
3. They can fly. __ __
4. They can eat bananas. __ __
Assessment
criteria Apply basic words, phrases and short sentences in a talk about objects, activities and classroom routines Talk about ability, make requests and offers, and ask for permission using can and can’t.
Task № 1
Descriptor A learner
Possible answers:
This/It is the flag of Kazakhstan.
The flag/It is blue. There is the sun/It has the sun. I can see the sun.
Mark
1 1 1
Additional
information Any answers are acceptable if they describe the flag. 1 point for each correct phrase and sentence.
1. completes the sentence
using can’t
2. completes the sentence
using can’t
3. completes the sentence
using can
4. completes the sentence
using can
1. writes “T/ True” 2. writes “F/ False” 3. writes “F/ False” 4. writes “T/ True”
Total marks
1 1 1 1 12

========19========

uses topic
High
ly
identifies
The world around us
Confident
words to describe the
picture
Confidently uses can and
can’t to make up sentences.
Correctly
sentences for True and False
statements
Russia/
r True
to describe
using topic
in using can and
Japan
Middle
. Makes mistakes in
to make up sentences on
picture
Makes mistakes in
words Flag/ Kazakhstan/
Great Britain/
the
Makes mistakes
can’t
road sings
identifying statements fo
/False using the picture
the
using
in using
identifying
in
Low
to make up
sing supporting
of flags
s
topic words to describe the
picture
Experiences challenges
can and can’t
sentences; and
main information of the
statements u
picture
criteria
Assessment
Rubrics for providing information to parents on the results of Summative Assessment for the unit “
permission using can and
quests and offers, and ask
Apply basic words, phrases
and short sentences in a talk
about objects
Talk about ability, make
re
for
can’t
Learner’s name ___________________________________________

========20========

Specification of Summative Assessment for term 2
1. Aim of summative assessment
Summative assessment is aimed to assess learners’ success in terms of the learning objectives achievement and reveal their level of knowledge and skills acquired during the term within the framework of updating the secondary education content.
Specification describes the content and procedure for the delivery of the Summative Assessment
for the term in “English” in Grade 2.
Subject Programme in “English” (within the framework of updating the secondary education
content) for primary education (Grades 1 – 4).
3. Review of Summative Assessment for term 2.
Total marks –20.
Different types of multiple choice and open-ended tasks are used in the Summative
Assessment for term.
This Assessment consists of 5 tasks. Open-ended tasks require learners follow instructions, answer questions in words, expressions and sentences.
Cross Strand curricular
unit
My school. Listening The world around us.
Learning objective
2.L1 Understand a range of short basic supported classroom instructions
Reading
2.R3 Read and follow with considerable support
simple words, phrases and
sentences on familiar topics.
Writing
2.W7 Spell some familiar
high-frequency words accurately during guided writing activities 2. UE2 Use cardinal numbers 1-50 to count
Speaking
2.S3 Use a limited range of basic words, phrases and short sentences to
describe objects, activities
and classroom routines
Task №
Type of question/ Task description
Total marks
Matching task.
Learners listen to the teacher and tick the heard instructions.
Matching task.
Learners read the name of road signs and match them to their pictures.
Open-ended task. Learners construct words from the given letters.
Gap filling task
Leaners have to count and write the number of objects according to the pictures. Open-ended task.
Learners answer questions using supporting pictures.

========21========

Sample questions for the 2ndterm and mark scheme
Listening
Task 1. Listen to the teacher twice. Tick () what you hear. Teacher reads the instructions
1. Look at the board
2. Open your books
3. Listen
4. Write

[4]
Reading
Task 2. Read the road signs and match them to the pictures.
Cross the road Don’t ride a bike Bus stop Don’t go
[4]
Writing
Task 3. Write words from the following letters.
1. Abrliry 2. Mgy 3. Coolsh 4. Acolssrom
__________ __________ __________ __________
[4]

========22========

Use of English
Task 4. Count and complete the sentences.
There are _______________ school books.
There is _____________ pencil.
There are _______________ computers.
There are ________________ colours.
[4]
Speaking
Task 5. Look at the picture. Answer the following questions:
1. How many children are there in the photo? 2. Who are they?
3. What do they do? 4. Do you like this photo?
[4]

========23========

Mark scheme
Task №
Answer
Mark
Additional information
Look at the board Open your books Listen Write
1 1 1 1 1
Don’t go
Cross the road
Don’t ride a bike
Bus stop
1. library
2. gym
3. school
4. classroom
1. 3 /three
2. 1/ one
3. 2/ two
4. 4/ four
Three/ There are three children
Pupils/students/friends/brother and sisters/
They are pupils/students/friends/brother and
5 sisters
They are drawing/painting./They
draw/paint.
Yes, I do./ No, I don’t.
Total marks
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 20

========24========

5. Administration rules
During the Assessment cover all visual materials like, diagram, schemes, posters and maps that can serve as prompts for the learners.
At the beginning of the Assessment read out the instructions and inform the learners about the assessment duration. Remind learners that they are not allowed to talk with each other during the Summative Assessment. After the instructions, make sure they have understood given instructions and ask if they have any questions before the start of the assessment.
Ensure that the learners are working individually and not helping each other. During the Summative Assessment learners should not have any access to additional recourses that can help them, for example, dictionaries (excluding the cases when it is allowed in specification)
During the assessment you can answer learners’ questions, regarding the instructions and the assessment duration. You should not spell, paraphrase or provide any information that could give the learner an advantage.
Always tell the learners that they have 5 minutes left before the end of the Summative Assessment.
Tell the learners to stop writing and put down their pens/pencils on the desks at the end of the Summative Assessment.
All teachers use the same version of the mark scheme. During the moderation process it is necessary to check learner sample papers with the marks awarded to ensure there are no deviations from the standardized mark scheme.

========25========

TERM 3
Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “Health and body”
Learning objective
2.S3 Use a limited range of basic words, phrases and short
sentences to describe objects, activities and classroom
routines
2.R3 Read and follow with considerable support simple words,
phrases and sentences on familiar topics
Assessment criteria

Talk about objects, activities and classroom routines using topic words, phrases and short sentences Use and follow with considerable support simple words, phrases, sentences in reading familiar topics
Level of thinking skills
Application
Duration
20 minutes
Speaking
Task 1. Look at the pictures. Describe them. Tell what you can see on the pictures.
Reading
Teacher asks learners to prepare three coloured pencils: red, blue and yellow.
Task 2. Read and circle.
Circle the “head” in red. Circle the” hand” in blue. Circle the “leg” in yellow.

========26========

Task 3. Read the sentences and match them to the pictures.
A girl is brushing her teeth.
A girl is writing with a pencil.
A boy is reading a book.
Assessment criteria
Task №
Descriptor A learner
Possible answers
I can see books/desks./ The learners are reading books. I can see numbers. /They do sums./ The learners are solving problems.
I can see the teacher. / I can see children./ The teacher is helping learners.
The learners are in the class./ It is a classroom.
circles “head” in red; circles “hand” in blue; circles “leg” in yellow; matches “A girl is brushing her teeth” to the 3rd picture; matches “A girl is writing with a pencil” to the 1st picture; matches “A boy is reading a book.” to the 2nd picture.
Mark
Additional information
Talk about objects, activities and classroom routines using topic words, phrases and short sentences.
Any other answers are acceptable until they describe the
picture (objects, activities, classroom routines).
Use and follow with considerable support simple words, phrases, sentences in reading familiar topics.
1 1 1 1
Total marks

========27========

s to

the task.
High
ccuracy. Pronunciation

completes
Fully
Confidently uses topic vocabulary,
speaks in full sentences with
grammar a
is clear
Adresses the task fully. Reads the
sentences and circles pictures
correctly. Matches sentence
their pictures accordingly

nd
picture/ “A

st
ces, grammar and
Middle
“A girl is brushing her teeth”
picture/ “A girl is writing

rd
pencil” to the 1
Makes mistakes in naming objects and
activities. Experiences minor challenges
in making up senten
pronunciation
Makes mistakes in reading and
following the commands: circle the
“head” in red/ circle the” hand” in blue/
circle the “leg” in yellow and in
matching
to the 3
with a
boy is reading a book.” to the 2
picture
in using
Low
allenges in reading
s to their pictures
Experiences difficulties
topical vocabulary. Describes the
pictures inappropriately
Experiences ch
the sentences and in following
commands. Matches most of the
sentence
incorrectly
port in
with
words, phrases,
ssessment criteria
ds, phrases and short
ubrics for providing information to parents on the results of Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “Health and body”
A
R
Talk about objects,
activities and classroom
routines using topic
wor
sentences
Use and follow
considerable support
simple
sentences as a sup
reading familiar topics
L

========28========

Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “Traditions and customs”
Learning objective
2.L9 Recognize the spoken form of familiar words and
expressions
2.UE8 Use simple imperative forms [positive and negative] for
basic commands and instructions
Assessment criteria
• •
Identify familiar words and expressions ina talk Apply the positive and negative forms for basic commands and instructions
Level of thinking skills
Duration
20 minutes
Listening
Task 1. Listen to the teacher. Write letters A, B, C and D under the right picture.
A. It is Independence Day.
B. I like my birthday very much.
C. We get presents on New Year’s Day.
D. We visit our friends on Nauryz.
Task 2. Listen to the sentence. Choose the correct option and put  in the right box.

A
B
C
1.We can see the flag on Independence day.
2. I have many balloons on Birthday.
3.There are many presents on New Year’s day.
4.There are many flowers on Nauryz.

========29========

Task 3. Fill in the gap with the word to make instructions.
Make
Cook
Visit
Wear
late
Nauryz
1. ____________
friends.
2. ____________
baursaks, beshbarmak and tea.
3. ____________
beautiful national clothes.
4. ____________
gifts.
5. Don’t be
________________!
Assessment criteria
Task
Descriptor A learner
writes D under the 1st picture; writes C under the 2nd picture; writes A under the 3rd picture; writes B under the 4th picture; 1. chooses “A”
2. chooses “C”
3. chooses “B”
4. chooses “C”
1. writes “Visit”
2. writes “Cook
3. writes “Wear
4. writes “Make
5. writes “late
Mark
Identify familiar word and expression in a talk
Apply the positive and negative forms for the basic commands and instructions
Total marks
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 13

========30========

and customs”

the task
talk
High
Fully completes
Confident in identifying
topical vocabulary and in
marking appropriate pictures
according to the
Adresses the task fully.
Makes instructions properly
and in
irthday /
talk
Middle
ependence Day/ B
Makes mistakes in identifying
topical vocabulary for
Ind
New Year’s Day / Nauryz
marking appropriate pictures
according to the
Makes mistakes in making
commands and instructions on
the topic: Visit friends. / Cook
baursaks, beshbarmak and tea./
Wear beautiful national clothes./
Make presents/ Don’t be late!
Low
recognizing topical words and
in choosing correct options
according to the talk
making commands and
instructions
talk
d
a
an
Identify familiar words
and expressions in
Apply the positive and
negative forms for the
basic commands
in
ubrics for providing information to parents on the results of Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “Traditions
earner’s name
R
L

========31========

Specification of Summative Assessment for Term 3
1. Aim of the Summative Assessment for the term
Summative Assessment is aimed to assess learners’ success in terms of the learning objectives achievement and reveal their level of knowledge and skills acquired during the term within the framework of updating the secondary education content.
Specification describes the content and procedure for the delivery of the Summative Assessment for the term in “English” in Grade 2.
Subject Programme in “English” (within the framework of updating the secondary education content) for primary education (Grades 1 – 4).
3. Review of Summative Assessment for term 3.
Total marks –20.
Different types of multiple choice and open-ended tasks are used in the Summative Assessment for term.
This Assessment consists of 5 tasks. Multiple choice tasks require learners choose one correct answer. Open-ended tasks require learners follow instructions, answer questions in words, expressions and sentences. Gap filling tasks require learners to put word(s) in the spaces provided.

========32========

Total
marks
spell them
task.
Task description
Type of question/
verb or expression into the
ended
-
d the correct word and spell it
mple instructions to each other
Gap filling task.
Learners choose the appropriate letters
to complete the words
Multiple choice task.
Learners look at the pictures, read and
fin
Gap filling task.
Learners look at the pictures and insert
the correct
gap
Open
Learners write the words and
Open ended task.
Learners look at the pictures and give
si

Task
frequency
-
words for others
g phonemes in
ring guided writing
Learning objective
Spell some familiar high
Identify missin

2.L5
incomplete words
2.R1 Read and spell out
2.UE13 Use can to talk about ability and
to make requests and offers; use can /
can’t to talk about permission
2.W7
words accurately du
activities
2.S8 Give simple instructions for others
to follow
Strand
Listening
Reading
Use of English
Writing
Speaking
unit
Cross
curricular
Health and
body.
Traditions
and Customs

========33========

Sample questions and mark scheme
Tasks for the Summative Assessment for the Term 3
Listening
Task 1. Listen to the teacher and fill in the gaps with appropriate letters.
Teacher reads the words: Fish
Thin
Brush
Cheese
br sh ch th
fi_ _
_ _in
_ _ ush
_ _eese
[4]
Reading
Task 2. Read the words. Find the parts of the head, circle and spell them.
ear
arm
mouth
foot
nose
hand
eye
[4]

========34========

Use of English
Task 3. Look at the pictures. Write simple sentences about what you can/ can’t do.
Example: I can speak English.
1. I ___________ draw.
2. You ____________ take my book.
3. _________ I help you?
4. You _________ use phone at the lesson.
[4]

========35========

Writing
Task 4. Write the missing words in the sentences.
We get ___________________
on New Year’s Day.
You eat a ________________
at the birthday Party!
They can see many ___________
on Independence Day!
We wear ______________ clothes
on Nauryz Day.
[4]
Speaking
Task 5. Look at the pictures and give instructions to your classmates.
[4]

========36========

Mark scheme
Task №
Answer
Mark
Additional information
Fish
Thin
Brush
Cheese
Ear
Mouth
Nose
Eye
1. I can draw.
2. You can take my book. 3. Can I help you?
4. You cannot use phone at the lesson. 1. presents/gifts
2. cake
3. flags
4. national
Dance!
Jump!
Write!
Clap your hands!
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 20
These words may come in any order.
Total marks
5. Administration rules
During the Assessment cover all visual materials like, diagram, schemes, posters and maps that can serve as prompts for the learners.
At the beginning of the Assessment read out the instructions and inform the learners about the assessment duration. Remind learners that they are not allowed to talk with each other during the Summative Assessment. After the instructions, make sure they have understood given instructions and ask if they have any questions before the start of the assessment.
During the assessment you can answer learners’ questions, regarding the instructions and the assessment duration. You should not spell, paraphrase or provide any information that could give the learner an advantage.
Always tell the learners that they have 5 minutes left before the end of the Summative Assessment.
Tell the learners to stop writing and put down their pens/pencils on the desks at the end of the Summative Assessment.
All teachers use the same version of the mark scheme. During the moderation process it is necessary to check learner sample papers with the marks awarded to ensure there are no deviations from the standardized mark scheme.

========37========

TERM 4
Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “The natural environment”
Learning objective
2.L4 Recognise with support short basic questions relating to
features such as colour and number
2.UE13 Use can to talk about ability and to make requests and
offers; use can / can’t to talk about permission
Assessment criteria

Identify short questions on curricular topics with support such as colour and number
Talk about ability, make requests and offers, and ask for permission using can and can’t
Level of thinking skills
Duration
20 minutes
Listening
Task 1. Listen to the teacher and answer the questions.
1. Are the trees green in autumn? 2. Are the trees white in winter? 3. Are there flowers in summer? 4. Are there 3 seasons in a year? 5. Are there 5 months in autumn? 6. Do we celebrate the New Year in winter? 7. Is your big holiday in spring?

========38========

Use of English
Task 2.
A. Look at the pictures and tell what you can and cannot do at the Zoo.
B. Look at the pictures and tell what you can do as animals can.
C. Look at the pictures and make a request or offer.

========39========

Assessment criteria Identify short questions on curricular topics with support such as colour and number.
Task
Descriptor
A learner
1. No./No, there are not. 2. Yes./ Yes, they are. 3. Yes./ Yes, there are. 4. No./No, there are not. 5. No./No, there are not. 6. Yes./ Yes, I do. 7. No./No, it is not.
Possible answers
Talk about ability, make requests and offers, and ask for permission using can and can’t.
A. You cannot feed animals.
You cannot stand very close to
animals.
You can come to the Zoo with
your parents.
B. I can ride a bike like an
elephant.
I can jump on the sofa like
monkeys.
C. Can I take a dog for a walk?
Can I feed the chickens?
Total marks
Mark
Additional information
1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Any other
answers are acceptable if they describe pictures using can and
can’t appropriately.
1 1 1 14

========40========

The natural
High
o the questions
ly uses can and
Answers t
correctly
Adresses the task fully.
Confident
can’t in a talk
answering
in using can and

Middle
there are. Yes, I do.)/

. (No, there are not. No it is
Makes mistakes in
basic questions YES. (Yes, they
are. Yes,
NO
not.)
Makes mistakes
can’t in a talk
environment
Low
ering the questions
answ
using can and can’t in a talk
ssessment criteria
A
Identify short questions on
curricular topics with
support such as colour and
number
Talk about ability, make
requests and offers, and ask
for permission using can
and can’t
Rubrics for providing information to parents on the results of Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “
L

========41========

Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “Travel”
Learning objective
2.R3 Read and follow with considerable support simple, words, phrases and sentences on familiar topics
2.S4 Respond to basic supported questions giving personal and factual information
Assessment criteria

• •
Use and follow with considerable support words, phrases, sentences in reading familiar topics Answer basic questions with support Provide personal information and facts
Level of thinking skills
Duration
20 minutes
Reading
Task 1. Read sentences and match them to the appropriate pictures.
I like to play with a car.
We go to Astana by train.
He can’t ride a bike.
She plays with a plane.

========42========

Task 2. Read and follow the instructions.
1. Colour the bus
into yellow.
2. Cross the plane.
3. Circle the red car.
Task 3. Listen to the teacher and answer the questions.
1. What is your name?
2. Can you ride a bike?
3. Do you go to school by bus? 4. What types of vehicles do you know? 5. Do you fly by plane?
Assessment criteria
Task
Descriptor A learner
matches the 1st sentence to a car; matches the 2nd sentence to a train;
matches the 3rd sentence to a bike; matches the 4th sentence to a plane;
colours the bus into yellow; crosses the plane;
circles the red car;
Possible answers
My name is Amir.
I can/can’t ride a bike. Yes./Yes, I do. No./No, I don’t. I know a bus, a car, a train, a plane, etc.
Yes./Yes, I do.
Mark
Additional information
Use and follow with considerable support words, phrases, sentences in reading familiar topics.
1 1
Answer basic questions with support. Provide personal information.
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 12
Any other answers are acceptable if they respond to the questions appropriately.
Total marks

========43========

the task.
High
rs the questions
Fully completes
Confident in identifying
sentences and matches
sentences properly, follows
instructions accordingly
Adresses the task fully.
Answe
appropriately
answering
Middle
akes in performing
Makes mistakes in identifying
sentences and matching them to
the appropriate pictures. There are
some mist
instructions
Makes mistakes in
personal questions
st of
nges in
Low
recognizing sentences. Mo
the answers are incorrect
Experiences challe
answering the questions
in reading
with
ssessment criteria
A
Rubrics for providing information to parents on the results of Summative Assessment for the Cross curricular unit “Travel”
Answer basic questions with
Use and follow
considerable support words,
phrases, sentences
familiar topics
support.
Provide personal information
L

========44========

Specification of Summative Assessment for term 4
1. Aim of the Summative Assessment for the Term
Specification describes the content and procedure for the delivery of the Summative Assessment for the term in “English” in Grade 2.
2. The d cument defining the content of the o Summative Assessment for the term
Subject Programme in “English” (within the framework of updating the secondary education content) for primary education (Grades 1 – 4).
3. Review of Summative Assessment for term 4.
Total marks - 20.
Different types of multiple choice and open-ended tasks are used in the Summative Assessment for term.
This Assessment consists of 5 tasks. Multiple choice tasks require learners choose one correct answer. Open-ended tasks require learners follow instructions, answer questions in words, expressions and sentences.

========45========

Total
marks
Task description
Type of question/
ended task.
ended task.
ended task.
-
-
-
Multiple choice task.
Learners colour and draw pictures
according to the instructions
Multiple choice task.
Learners read and underline the sentences
describing winter
Open
Learners answer the questions using
present continuous forms
Open
Learners write the missing words
Open
Learners describe objects, activities and
classroom routines using topic words,
phrases and short sentences

Task
familiar high
tivities and
the main points of
routines
Learning objective
Use common present
Understand
2.L3
short, slow and carefully articulated
talk on routine and familiar topics
such as colour and number
2.R3 Read and follow with
considerable support simple words,
phrases and sentences on familiar
topics
2.UE10
continuous forms [positive, negative,
question]
2.W5 Write letters and
frequency words when read aloud or
spelt out for learners
2.S3 Use a limited range of basic
words, phrases and short sentences to
describe objects, ac
classroom
trand
S
Listening
Reading
Use of English
Writing
Speaking
unit
Cross
curricular
The natural
environment.
Travel

========46========

Tasks for the Summative Assessment for the Term 4
Listening
Task 1. Listen to the teacher and follow the instructions.
1. Colour a starfish into red.
2. Colour a whale into blue.
3. How many jelly fish are there? Count and circle: 2 3 1 4. Complete the picture.
Complete the fish.
[4]
Reading
Task 2. Look at the picture. Read the sentences. Underline the sentences that describe the picture.
1. Children are going to the lake to swim. 2. It is very cold.
3. Children are playing snowballs, skating and skiing. 4. The weather is very hot.
5. The trees are white with snow.
6. This is the season when the New Year comes.

========47========

Use of English
[4]
Task 3. Look at the pictures and answer the questions. Teacher chooses one card for each learner.
1. Is he riding a bike? 2. What is he doing? 3. What colour T-shirt is
he wearing? 4. Is he driving a red car?
1. What season is it? 2. Is the boy playing with a boat?
3. What colour is the boat? 4. What is he wearing?
1. Where is he standing? 2. Is he fixing a rocket? 3. What colour jeans is he wearing?
4. Is he playing chess?
[4]

========48========

Writing
Task 4. Write the missing word in the sentence.
Teacher reads the sentences.
1. We go to school by a school bus.
2. He flies to London by plane.
3. They can go to Astana by train.
4. We enjoy riding a bike.
We go to school by a ___________________ .
He flies to London by ___________________.
They can go to Astana by _______________.
We enjoy riding a ____________________.
[4]
Speaking
Task 5. Look at the pictures. Name the vehicle and describe it.
[4]

========49========

Mark scheme
Task №
Answer
Colours a starfish into red. Colours a whale into blue. Circles number 2.
Completes the fish.
It is very cold.
Children are playing snowballs, skating
and skiing.
The trees are white with snow.
This is the season when the New Year
comes.
He is not riding a bike. He is driving a car. He is wearing a green T-shirt. Yes, he is driving a red car. 1. school bus
2. plane
3. train
4. bike
Possible answers.
This is a fire machine/ a helicopter/ a
rocket. It is big/ red/ blue. It can fly. It moves.
Total marks
5. Administration rules
Mark 1 1 1
Additional information
1 1
The picture can be various. The answer is acceptable until it is a picture of fish.
A learner chooses four sentences about winter and underlines them.
1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
A learner chooses any kind of transportation. Names it. Tells about its size and colour. Names the action vehicle can do.
During the Assessment cover all visual materials like, diagram, schemes, posters and maps
that can serve as prompts for the learners.
During the assessment you can answer learners’ questions, regarding the instructions and the assessment duration. You should not spell, paraphrase or provide any information that could give
the learner an advantage.

========50========

Верх