СОР СОЧ Суммативное оценивание Английский язык 3 класс переделанные

TEGINSOR.RU

Команда форума
Модератор
Оценка реакций
Specification of Summative Assessment for term 2

1. Aim of the Summative Assessment for the term

Summative Assessment is aimed to assess learners’ success in terms of the learning objectives achievement and reveal their level of knowledge and skills acquired during the term within the framework of updating the secondary education content.
Specification describes the content and procedure for the delivery of the Summative Assessment for the term in “English” in Grade 3.

2. The document defining the content of the Summative Assessment for the term
Subject Programme in “English” (within the framework of updating the primary education content) for primary education (Grades 1 – 4).

3. Review of Summative Assessment for the term 2.

3.1 Duration - 40 minutes.
Total marks - 16.
Speaking task is conducted separately.

3.2. The structure of the Summative Assessment
Different types of multiple choice and open-ended tasks are used in the Summative Assessment for the term.
This Assessment consists of 4 tasks.
Open-ended tasks require learners follow instructions, answer the questions in words, expressions and sentences.
Multiple choice tasks consist of several possible answers from which the correct one should be selected.

Cross curricular unit
Skill
Learning objective Task
№ Type of question/ Task description
Total marks
Time. Buildings. Listening 3.L1 Understand short supported classroom instructions in an increasing range of classroom routines
1 Open ended task.
Learners listen to the teacher’s instructions and follow them accordingly.
Reading 3.R6 Understand with considerable support, some specific information and detail in short, simple texts on a limited range of general and some curricular
topics
2 Multiple choice task.
Learners read the text about «My Day and Night» and choose the correct answer to the questions.
Writing 3.W7 Spell a growing number of familiar high-
frequency words accurately during guided writing activities
3 Open ended task.
Learners put the letters into the correct order and write the words.
Speaking 3.S3 Give short, basic description of people and objects; begin to describe past experiences on a limited range of general and some curricular topics. 3.UE14 Use prepositions of location and position: at, behind, between, in, in front of, near, next to, on, under, above to describe where people and things
are; use prepositions of time: on, in, at to talk about days and times and no preposition last week etc.

4 Open ended task.
Learners choose one picture to describe the object on it and tell about their past experiences. They should use any prepositions in a talk.

Summative Assessment for the term 2
Learner’s name _____________________________________________________Form: 3___

Listening
Task 1. Listen to the teacher’s instructions and follow them. Finish the sentence: I am at the .

Teacher reads:
1. Look at the map. Find the Flower shop. Put a tick under the Flower shop.
2. Take a red pencil. Draw an arrow moving from the flower you drew along Santos Dumont Street to the crossing. Turn right to Rosa a Silva Avenue.
3. Move forward to the restaurant. Write a big letter R below the restaurant.
4. Turn left at the crossing. Pass the supermarket. What is the building next to it?

Reading
Task 2. Read the text and choose the correct option to answer the questions.

My Day and Night
Hi! My name is Jake. I live in the USA. I wake up in the
morning at seven o’clock. At a quarter to eight, I eat breakfast. I go to school at 8:30 a.m. by bus.
At school, I learn about many things. In the afternoon I do homework. At seven o’clock I eat dinner.
I go to sleep at ten to eleven at night.

Circle the correct answer
1. What time does Jake wake up?
A. 7:00 a.m. B. 7:00 p.m. C. 6:00 a.m. D. 17:00

2. What time does Jake eat breakfast?
A. 8:30 a.m. B. 7:45 a.m. C. 8:15 a.m. D. 8:45 a.m.

3. What time does Jake go to school?
A. half past eight in the morning B. half past eight in the afternoon

4. What time does Jake go to bed at night?
A. 11:10 a.m. B. 10:50 p.m. C. 10:50 a.m. D. 11:10 p.m.

Writing
Task 3. Put the letters in the correct order. Spell the word out. Write the words.

e s u t a d y
d w e s e n a y d s r t h d y u a
i r d f y a

Days of the Week.
Unscramble the words.

Speaking
Task 4. Look at the pictures. Describe one of the objects. Tell about the places you lived, visited, saw, travelled there last summer. Use any prepositions: at, behind, between, in, in front of, near, next to, on, under, above. You don’t need to use all of them.

Example:
1. This is a cottage house.
2. We lived in the cottage last summer.
3. There was a nice and beautiful garden behid the house.
4. There were many colourful flowers near the cottage.

Mark scheme

Task № Answer Mark Additional information

1 A tick under the Flower shop
1 Red arrow to the right
1 Letter ‘R’ under the restaurant
4. Pet Shop 1

2 1. А 1
2. B 1
3. A 1
4. B 1

3 1. Tuesday 1
2. Wednesday 1
3. Thursday 1
4. Friday

4 This is a cottage house. 1 Any correct answers are accepted. 1 point for correct answer.
We lived in the cottage last summer. 1
There was a nice and beautiful garden
behind the house. 1
There were many colourful flowers near the
cottage. 1
Total marks 16

Tasks for the Summative Assessment for the term 2
Learner’s name___________________________________________________

Listening
Task 1.Listen to the teacher’s instructions and follow them.

Across the road

Turn right

Turn left

Over the bridge

Look at the picture.
1. Find the picture where a man walks across the road.
2. Find the picture where a manturns right.
3.Find the picture where a mangoesover the bridge.
4.Find the picture where a manturns left. [4]

Reading
Jake’s day
I get up at 7 o’clock in the morning. I go to the bathroom and then I have breakfast. I go to school at 8.30. We have 5 or 6 lessons and then we have lunch. I come home at quarter past 2. I meet my friends and play games. Then, at 7 o’clock, it’s time for dinner. In the evening I watch TV or read a book.
At 10 o’clock I have a shower and go to bed.

Circle the correct answer
1. What time does Jake wake up?
A. 7:00 B. 7:30C. 6:00D. 17:00
2. What time does Jake go to school?
A. half past eight B. half past nine.
3.What time does Jake come home?
A.2.00 B.2.10C. 2.15 D.2.30
4. What time does Jake go to bed at night?
A. 11:10 .B. 10.00 .C. 10:50 .D.11:10 .
[4]

Writing
Task 3.Put the letters in the correct order. Spell the word out. Write the words.
Days of the Week.
Unscramble the words

ndayom1.

turdaysa 2.

unsady3.

ridayf4.

[4]
Speaking
Task.4 Look at the map. Answer the following questions. Use these prepositions.
IN ,ON ,BETWEEN

Example
-Where is school?
School is in front of Dana’s and Ulan’s house?

1.Where’s the bus stop?
2. Which street is the library on?
3.Where is supermarket?
4.Whose house is nearest the supermarket, Dana’s or Marzhan’s?[4]

Mark scheme

Task № Answer Mark Additional information

1.writes 5 1
2. writes 8 1
3. writes 9 1
4.writes 6 1

2 1. А 1
2. A 1
3.C 1
4. B 1

3 1. Tuesday 1
2.Wednesday 1
3. Thursday 1
4.Friday

4 The bus stop in the green park 1 Any correct answers are accepted. 1 point for correct answer.
The library is on Black street 1
Supermarket is between Green park and Marzhan’s house 1
Marzhan’s house is nearest the supermarket 1
Total marks 16

Learner’s name: _____________________________________

Summative assessment for the cross curricular unit «Buildings»

Learning objectives 3.R3 Begin to read with rereading and usual support very short simple fiction and non-fiction texts on a limited range of general and curricular topics
3.L4 Understand a limited range of short supported questions on general and some curricular topics
3. UE14 Use prepositions of location and position: at, behind, between, in, in front of, near, next to, on, under, above to describe where people and things are; use prepositions of time: on, in, at to talk about days and times and no preposition last week etc.

Assessment criteria • Identify the details while rereading very short fiction and non-
fiction texts using support
• Identify short supported questions on general and some curricular topics
• Describe people and things using at, behind, between, in, in front of, near, next to, on, under, above
• Talk about days and times using on, in, at and without prepositions with last week, last month, last year etc.

Level of thinking skills

Knowledge and comprehension Application

Duration 20 minutes

Reading
Task 1. Read the text about houses and identify each house. Write Mark’s, Paul’s and John’s house under the correct picture.

1. 2. 3.

There are many types of houses. John, Mark and Paul lived in wooden cottages last summer.
The houses were nice. Children played games and had meals in beatiful yard of Mark’s house. Sometimes they water the flowers. There was a path from the stone fence to the door of Paul’s house. There was a balcony on the brown roof of John’s house.
They liked their cottages very much.

Listening
Task 2. Listen to the story.Answer the question.

Teacher reads the text.
You are near the Flower shop in Santos Dumont street. Move forward to Rosa e Silver Avenue. There is a Bank is opposite the Bookstore. Turn to the right and go past the Music Store. The Toy store is near the Music Store. In front of the restaurant there is a Supermarket. The Pet Shop is behind the Supermarket. Hospital is near the Pet Shop. Turn to the left at Amelia street. You can see a school on your right. Fast Food Restaurant is next to the school.

Answer the questions
1. Where is the Toy Store? The Toy Store is .
2. Where is the Fast Food Restaurant? The Fast Food Restaurant is .
3. Where is the Pet Shop? The Pet Shop is .
4. Where is the Hospital? .

Assessment criteria Task
№ Descriptor Mark
A learner
Identify the details while rereading very short fiction and non-fiction texts using support 1 writes ‘Paul’s house’ under the 1st
picture; 1
writes ‘John’s house’ under the 2nd
picture; 1
writes ‘Mark’s house’ under the 3rd
picture; 1
Identify short supported questions on general and some curricular topics.
Describe people and things using at, behind, between, in, in front of, near, next to, on, under, above Talk about days and times using on, in, at and without prepositions with last week, last month, last year etc. 2 1. writes ‘… near the Music Store’; 1
2.writes ‘… behind the Supermarket’; 1
3. writes ‘ … next to the school’. 1
4. writes ‘ … near the Pet Shop’/ ‘behind the Supermarket’/ ‘behind the Bookstore’. 1
Total marks 7

Rubrics for providing information to parents on the results of Summative Assessment for the cross curricular unit “Buildings” Learner’s name
Assessment criteria Level of learning achievements
Low Middle High
Identify the details while rereading very short fiction and non-fiction texts using support Reads the text to identify details in it. Experiences difficulties in writing the correct names of people under the correct pictures. Reads the text to identify details and find the correct house for each person.
Makes some mistakes in task performing. Reads the text, understands the details, finds the proper houses and marks them correctly. Writes the necessary words under the each picture correctly.
Identify short supported questions on general and some curricular topics Experiences difficulties in identifying the correct places of the objects according to the listening text and supporting picture. Makes mistakes in identifying the places of where the objects are according to the listening text using supporting picture. Some answers are correct. Identifies appropriately the places of the objects according to the listening text and supporting picture. Answers the questions correctly.
Describe people and things using at, behind, between, in, in front of, near, next to, on, under, above
Talk about days and times using on, in, at and without prepositions with last week, last month, last year etc. Experiences difficulties in using appropriate prepositions to write them in the sentences. Most of the prepositiong are used incorrectly Makes some mistakes in using appropriate prepositions to write them in the sentences. Some prepositions are misused. Feels cofident in using appropriate prepositions. Writes about object’s location according to the picture.
Completes the sentences correctly.

Learner’s name: _____________________________________

Summative assessment for the cross curricular unit «Time»

Learning objectives 3.S6 Take turns when speaking with others in a limited range of short, basic exchanges
3.W4 Write with support short basic sentences with appropriate spaces between words
Assessment criteria • Interact with others in short basic conversation
• Write with support short sentences by applying spaces between words
Level of thinking skills Knowledge and comprehension Application
Duration 20 minutes
Speaking

Task 1. Work in pairs. Talk with a partner about your day and what you do during the day. Use the ideas to make up sentences.

Writing
Task 2.Make up sentences about the time. Use the words from the boxes and pictures. Write 6 sentences.

1.It’s .
3.It’s .

2.It’s .
4.It’s .

Assessment criteria Task № Descriptor Mark Additional information
Interact with others in short basic conversation 1 Possible answers:
The Sun rises at 6 o’clock. 1 Any correct answer is possible. 1 point for correct answer.
I get up at 7 o’clock. 1
I have my breakfast at 8 o’clock. 1
I go to school at 9 o’clock. 1
After school I play in the yard.
At night I go to sleep.
Write with support short sentences by applying spaces between words 2 1. writes ‘It’s half past eight’. 1 The learners write sentences using appropriate space between
the words.
2. writes ‘It’s a quarter to eight’. 1
3. writes ‘It’s five o’clock’. 1
4. writes ‘It’s a quarter past one’. 1
Total marks 10

Rubrics for providing information to parents on the results of Summative Assessment for the cross curricular unit “Time” Learner’s name
Assessment criteria Level of learning achievements
Low Middle High
Interact with others in short basic conversation Tries to communicate, but uses inappropriate words that makes it difficult to understand the speech. The interaction is not equal. Feels not confident while asking and answering questions. Stays on task most of the time and tries to communicate effectively. Keeps trying to develop the interaction. Asks and answers question with few mistakes. Stays on task and communicate effectively. Always tries to develop the interaction. Asks and answers the questions appropriately. May have a minor mistake while communicating.
Write with support short sentences by applying spaces between words Writes the sentences using inappropriate time words and doesn’t leave enough space between words. Writes the sentences with few mistakes. Leaves some space between words.
Writes the majority of the sentences correctly using appropriate time words. Leaves space between words.

Верх