Команда форума
Модератор
Оценка реакций
Form 6 _______ Learner’s code ________

Summative assessment for the term 2
Variant 2

I. Reading.
The old dog
The farmer had a dog. When the dog was old, the farmer thought: “The dog is very old. I don’t want to give him food – he can’t work well.”
So he drove the dog out. Poor dog! He walked and walked and walked. He was very hungry. In the evening he saw a wolf. The wolf said:” What’s the matter with you? You look terrible!”
“I haven’t got a home now. The farmer doesn’t want me. I’m very old now. I can’t work much now and he doesn’t want to feed me. I’m hungry.”
“I know how to help you”, said the wolf.
In the morning the farmer went to work in the field. He took his little son with him. He put his son down and started working. The wolf ran up to the boy, took him and ran away with him.
When the farmer saw it, he ran after the wolf. But he couldn’t get his son back. Then the dog ran after the wolf. The dog took the boy away from the wolf and brought the little boy to his father. The farmer was very happy. He thanked the dog and said: “Excuse me, please! You are a very good friend. Come back and live with us.”
The old dog was very happy!
Task
True or false?
The farmer had a dog.
The dog was young.
The dog can’t work very well.
The wolf ate the farmer’s son.
The wolf helped the dog.
Total [5]

II.Writing
Task. Choose ONE of the topics below. Follow the tips for writing.
 Answer all the questions.
 Spell topical vocabulary accurately.
 Use prepositions of time, location and direction.

Topic 1.Our countryside
Think about your home place (home town or village) and write some information about it.

 Where do you live? Write about its location.
 Do you like this town / village? Why?
 What is your favourite place in this town / village? Where is it located?
 What can you do in your home town / village? Write about some winter or summer activities and sports.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Topic 2.Drama and comedy
Think about your genre preferences and write some information about your experience.

 Do you like watching films on the weekdays or on Sundays? Why?
 Can you name your favourite cinema? Where is it located?
 How do you usually get to your favourite cinema?
 What is your favourite movie? Why do you like it?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Total [6]

Mark scheme
Reading and Writing
№ Answer Mark Additionalinformation
5 true 1
false 1
true 1
false 1
true 1
Totalmarks 10

III. Listening
Task. True or False
1. This is an English course.
2. There are three classes every week.
3. The class begins in May.
4. There is a book for the course.
5. The students need the teacher's book.

IV. Speaking
Task.Choose one of the cards and prepare an individual talk. Provide own experience on topics, using appropriate subject-specific vocabulary. You have 1 minute to prepare and 1-2 minutes to talk.

Card 1.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Our countryside’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) Do you know your hometown/village well?
2) Where is it situated?
3) What does it look like?
4) Do tourists like to visit your town/village?
5) Is your hometown a good place to live in? Why / Why not?

Card 2. Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Our countryside’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) What is your favourite place in the countryside?
2) Where is it located?
3) What is special about it?
4) What can you do in this area?
5) Why do you like it?

Card 3.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Our countryside’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) What is the most interesting part of your hometown/village?
2) What jobs are popular in your hometown / village?
3) Is your home town / village changing?
4) Is it a good place to live? Why?
5) What can you change to make it better to live in?

Card 4.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Our countryside’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) Do you live in a town or village?
2) What kind of place is it?
3) Do you like living there?
4) What are the main tourist attractions in your home town / village?
5) What place there do you like best? Why?

Card 5.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Drama and Comedy’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) Who are the famous actors and musicians in your country? Why do you think so?
2) Who are your favourite actors and actresses?
3) Why do you think so?
4) Who is your favourite producer?
5) Why do people like watching comedies?

Card 6.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Drama and Comedy’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) What is the most popular cartoon among teenagers?
2) Do you like it? Why or why not?
3) Who do you usually watch it with?
4) Do your friends like watching this cartoon?
5) Why do children prefer watching cartoons?

Card 7.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Drama and Comedy’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) What is your favourite comedy show?
2) Can you give its name and actors?
3) What is the program about?
4) How often do you watch it?
5) Why do you like it?

Card 8.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Drama and Comedy’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) Do you have a favourite animal TV show?
2) What is the name of this animal TV show?
3) Why do you like it?
4) Who do you usually watch it with?
5) How did you feel after watching it?
Total [6]
Total marks_ /22

Answers:
Listening Task
1. True
2. False
3. False
4. True
5. False

Transcript for all variants

Hello, everyone. Hello! It's nice to see you all here. Welcome to British Life and Language. I am your teacher. My name is Lindsay Black. That's L-I-N-D-S-A-Y Black. Before we begin, some information about the class.
Our class is in room 13, on the first floor. When you go upstairs, turn left to find the room. Again, that's room 13.
We have class twice a week, on Monday and Wednesday. Our class begins at 4.30 p.m. and lasts 90 minutes, so we finish at 6 p.m. That's 4.30 to 6. Please arrive on time, OK?
Also, I have an office hour if you have questions. I'm in office 7B on the second floor. My office hour is Friday at 6 p.m. So, if you have any questions or problems or want to talk to me, it's Friday at 6 p.m. in office 7B.
We begin next week, on March the 13th. That's Monday, March the 13th. The course ends on May the 20th. May the 20th is the last day.
I think that's all ... Oh, one more thing. For this course you need the book. Here it is: British Life and Language Level 1 Student's Book. So, please get a copy of the book. I don't want to see any photocopies of the book, thank you! Remember, it's level 1 student's book. Don't buy the teacher's book.
I think that's all, everyone. I look forward to working with you. See you next Monday!

Form 6 _______ Learner’s code ________

Summative assessment for the term 2
Variant 2

I. Reading.
The old dog
The farmer had a dog. When the dog was old, the farmer thought: “The dog is very old. I don’t want to give him food – he can’t work well.”
So he drove the dog out. Poor dog! He walked and walked and walked. He was very hungry. In the evening he saw a wolf. The wolf said:” What’s the matter with you? You look terrible!”
“I haven’t got a home now. The farmer doesn’t want me. I’m very old now. I can’t work much now and he doesn’t want to feed me. I’m hungry.”
“I know how to help you”, said the wolf.
In the morning the farmer went to work in the field. He took his little son with him. He put his son down and started working. The wolf ran up to the boy, took him and ran away with him.
When the farmer saw it, he ran after the wolf. But he couldn’t get his son back. Then the dog ran after the wolf. The dog took the boy away from the wolf and brought the little boy to his father. The farmer was very happy. He thanked the dog and said: “Excuse me, please! You are a very good friend. Come back and live with us.”
The old dog was very happy!
Task
True or false?
The farmer had a dog.
The dog was young.
The dog can’t work very well.
The wolf ate the farmer’s son.
The wolf helped the dog.
Total [5]

II.Writing
Task. Choose ONE of the topics below. Follow the tips for writing.
 Answer all the questions.
 Spell topical vocabulary accurately.
 Use prepositions of time, location and direction.

Topic 1.Our countryside
Think about your home place (home town or village) and write some information about it.

 Where do you live? Write about its location.
 Do you like this town / village? Why?
 What is your favourite place in this town / village? Where is it located?
 What can you do in your home town / village? Write about some winter or summer activities and sports.
Topic 2.Drama and comedy
Think about your genre preferences and write some information about your experience.

 Do you like watching films on the weekdays or on Sundays? Why?
 Can you name your favourite cinema? Where is it located?
 How do you usually get to your favourite cinema?
 What is your favourite movie? Why do you like it?
Total [6]

Mark scheme
Reading and Writing
№ Answer Mark Additionalinformation
5 true 1
false 1
true 1
false 1
true 1
Totalmarks 10

III. Listening
Task. True or False
1. This is an English course.
2. There are three classes every week.
3. The class begins in May.
4. There is a book for the course.
5. The students need the teacher's book.

IV. Speaking
Task.Choose one of the cards and prepare an individual talk. Provide own experience on topics, using appropriate subject-specific vocabulary. You have 1 minute to prepare and 1-2 minutes to talk.

Card 1.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Our countryside’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) Do you know your hometown/village well?
2) Where is it situated?
4) Do tourists like to visit your town/village?
5) Is your hometown a good place to live in? Why / Why not?

Card 2. Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Our countryside’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) What is your favourite place in the countryside?
2) Where is it located?
3) What is special about it?
4) What can you do in this area?
5) Why do you like it?

Card 3.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Our countryside’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) What is the most interesting part of your hometown/village?
2) What jobs are popular in your hometown / village?
3) Is your home town / village changing?
4) Is it a good place to live? Why?
5) What can you change to make it better to live in?

Card 4.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Our countryside’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) Do you live in a town or village?
2) What kind of place is it?
3) Do you like living there?
4) What are the main tourist attractions in your home town / village?
5) What place there do you like best? Why?

Card 5.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Drama and Comedy’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) Who are the famous actors and musicians in your country? Why do you think so?
2) Who are your favourite actors and actresses?
3) Why do you think so?
4) Who is your favourite producer?
5) Why do people like watching comedies?

Card 6.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Drama and Comedy’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) What is the most popular cartoon among teenagers?
2) Do you like it? Why or why not?
3) Who do you usually watch it with?
4) Do your friends like watching this cartoon?
5) Why do children prefer watching cartoons?

Card 7.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Drama and Comedy’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) What is your favourite comedy show?
2) Can you give its name and actors?
3) What is the program about?
4) How often do you watch it?
5) Why do you like it?

Card 8.Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Drama and Comedy’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) Do you have a favourite animal TV show?
2) What is the name of this animal TV show?
3) Why do you like it?
4) Who do you usually watch it with?
Total [6]
Total marks_ /22

Answers:
Listening Task
1. True
2. False
3. False
4. True
5. False

Transcript for all variants

Hello, everyone. Hello! It's nice to see you all here. Welcome to British Life and Language. I am your teacher. My name is Lindsay Black. That's L-I-N-D-S-A-Y Black. Before we begin, some information about the class.
Our class is in room 13, on the first floor. When you go upstairs, turn left to find the room. Again, that's room 13.
We have class twice a week, on Monday and Wednesday. Our class begins at 4.30 p.m. and lasts 90 minutes, so we finish at 6 p.m. That's 4.30 to 6. Please arrive on time, OK?
Also, I have an office hour if you have questions. I'm in office 7B on the second floor. My office hour is Friday at 6 p.m. So, if you have any questions or problems or want to talk to me, it's Friday at 6 p.m. in office 7B.
We begin next week, on March the 13th. That's Monday, March the 13th. The course ends on May the 20th. May the 20th is the last day.
I think that's all ... Oh, one more thing. For this course you need the book. Here it is: British Life and Language Level 1 Student's Book. So, please get a copy of the book. I don't want to see any photocopies of the book, thank you! Remember, it's level 1 student's book. Don't buy the teacher's book.
I think that's all, everyone. I look forward to working with you. See you next Monday!

SPECIFICATION OF SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT FOR TERM 2
Review of summative assessment for term 2

Duration of the summative assessment– 40 minutes
Listening – 10 minutes
Reading – 10 minutes
Writing – 20 minutes
Speaking task is conducted separately.
Total marks- 22

The structure of the summative assessment
This Summative Assessment consists of 12 questions: listening, reading, writing and speaking. Different types of tasks are used in the Summative Assessment for the term.
True/False tasks require learners to indicate whether the provided option right or wrong.
Gap filling tasks is a task in which words/numbers are removed from a text and replaced with spaces. Learners have to fill each space with the missing word/number or a suitable word.
Multiple selection tasks require learners to choose a set number of things mentioned in a text from a wide range of options.
Sentence completion tasks require learners to complete the sentence with suitable information taken from the text following the sentence structure.
Open-ended tasks require learners follow instructions of the task, answer questions in words, expressions and sentences.
Transcript for listening task can be found after the mark scheme.
The content of the summative assessment for the 2 term should be selected on topics “Our Countryside” and “Drama and Comedy”.

Characteristic of tasks for summative assessment for the 2 term

Unit Strand Learning objective *Total number of questi ons *Que stion
№ *Type of question *Task description Time Total marks
Countryside

Drama and
Comedy

Listening 6.2.6.1 (6.L6) Deduce meaning from context in supported extended talk on a range of general and curricular topics 5 1
5 Gap fillng Learners listen to the recording twice on topic ‘Drama and Comedy’, having a chance to look through the question
before the recording starts (1-2 min to read the question before the recording starts).The task consists of 5 sentences.Learners choose the right option for and complete the sentences with one word J (Jack) / G (Gemma) 10
minutes 5
Reading 6.4.3.1 (6.R3) Understand
the detail of an argument on a limited range of familiar general and curricular topics,including some extended texts 5 1
5 Open-ended
question

Sentence
completion
Each learner works individually.The task enables learners to identify the detail of an argument from the text.Learners read the text on topic ‘Our Countryside’ and answer the questions.This task consists of 2 questions. Learners choose the reasons appropriate to things mentioned in a text learners complete the sentences according to following the structure:the best place for Helen to live is…because….. 10
minutes 5
Writing 6.5.2.1 (6.W2) Write with some support about real and imaginary past events,activities and experiences on a limited range of familiar general topics and some curricular topics
6.5.8.1 (6.W8) Spell most high-frequency vocabulary accurately for a limited range of familiar general topics and some curricular topics
6.6.14.1 (6.UE14) Use an increased variety of prepositions of time,location and direction; use by and with to denote agent and instrument; use prepositions before nouns and adjectives in common prepositional phrases on a growing range of familiar general and curricular topics 1 1 Open ended Each learner works individually.
A learner should write an essay according to the task. There are two options on the topics: ‘Our countryside’ ‘Drama and Comedy’.Learners use past simple
Learners are required to follow the structure in full sentences. Learners write frequently used topic related words correctly
20 minutes 6
Speaking 6.3.7.1(6.S7)Use appropriate subject-specific vocabulary and syntax to talk about a limited range of general topics, and some curricular topics 1 1 Open ended Learners prepare an individual talk on topics: ‘Our countryside’, ‘Drama and Comedy’. They have 1 minute to prepare and 1-2 minutes to talk on the topic. Learners are provided with some questions to organize a monologue. They should provide own experience on topics, using appropriate subject-specific vocabulary.Teacher can feel free to use topical pictures (from own teacher’s resources/ classroom set of pictures) to help learners to develop imagination. Teacher can cut the number of the questions from the card or ask additional questions to support learners if necessary. Each learner talks for 1-2 minutes 6
TOTAL: 40 minutes (Excluding speaking) 22
Note: * - sections that can be changed

Sample questions and mark scheme
Tasks for the Summative Assessment for the term 2

Listening
Task. Listen to the conversation between Harry and Elizabeth twice.

Transcript for listening task can be found after the mark scheme. Teacher reads the transcript. http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/skills/speaking/elementary-a2-speaking/giving-your-opinion

Compleating the senteces.Find who in the dialogue….
Write J (Jack) G (Gemma)
1. has seen 'Tornado Express' film _____ [1]
2. considers 'Friends Forever' is boring _____ [1]
3. thinks in 'Tornado Express'the special effects were good _____ [1]
4. thinks the actress was good in 'Maximum Risk'film ____ [1]
5. suggests to see the film, 'Double Revenge ' _____ [1]

Total [5]

Reading. Task. Read the text aboutHelen and do the tasks below.

RhinoSpike: English: city life vs country life (adapted)

My name's Helen. I lived in Charfield in the south west of England. It's a village of 850 inhabitants. Its 30 minutes away from Bristol. It's in the country. I liked living in the country, it's peaceful, pretty and clean but sometimes it's boring because it's quieter than a city. I live a long way from my friends and there weren't many shops or cafés, and there wasn't a cinema or a swimming-pool.
My cousin Alex lived in Bristol; I liked visiting Alex because Bristol was more exciting than my village. It's a busier place. There were sports facilities and a youth centre. We could go to the ice-rink, go bowling, and go swimming.There was a huge shopping centre! There were cultural facilities such as a theatre, a museum and a library. It's a touristy place with many historical monuments. There were more exciting and interesting things to do than in the country. There were a lot of buses so it's easier to meet friends but it's noisier, there's so much traffic. What I liked the least in his town was that it's dirtier and more polluted than a village.

Learner should point the place and give the reason following the structure: the best place for Helen to live was…because…..
Question place reason
What was the best place for Helen to live and why?
Village/ town 1______________________________________________
__________________________________________ [1]

2_____________________________________________
____________________________________________[1]

3__________________________________________________________________________________________[1]

4__________________________________________________________________________________________[1]

5__________________________________________________________________________________________[1]

Total [5]

Speaking

Task. Choose one of the cards.Provide own experience on topics, using appropriate subject-specific vocabulary. You have 1 minute to prepare and 1-2 minutes to talk.

Card 1. Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Our countryside’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) Do you like to live in town/village? Why / Why not?
2) Is your town/village a good place to live in? Why / Why not?
4) What places are popular in your hometown / village?
5) What is your favourite place in the countryside? Why?

1) Where do you prefer to live in the city or in the country? Why?
2) What is the most interesting part of your hometown/village? Why?
3) What jobs are popular in your hometown / village?
4) How has your town changed over the last twenty years?
5) What could be done for developing of your hometown duaring two years?

Card 3. Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Drama and Comedy’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) What kind of films do you like to watch? Why?
2) Do you like watching films on the weekdays or on Sundays? Why?
3) Who are your favourite actors and actresses?
4) What are the most popular films among teenagers?
5) What is favourite type of film?

Card 4. Prepare an individual talk on the topic ‘Drama and Comedy’. The following questions will help you to organize your talk:
1) Did you watch films about cartoon? Why?
2) What is your favourite cartoon?
3) Why did you like it?
4) Who did you usually watch it with?
Total [6]
Writing

Task. Choose ONE of the topics for writing. Use the structure and Past Simple tense, prepositions of time location and direction and adjectives for describing.

Topic 1. ‘Life in the countryside ‘
-Write about your last visit in the countryside/city.
Follow the steps for writing:
 Did you ever visit countryside/ or a big city? Describe it.
 How did you get there?
 How much time did it take?
 With whom did you have a visit?
 What did you like to do there? Why / Why not?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________
Topic 2. ‘My favourite film’
-Write about the film you saw last time.
Follow the steps for writing:
 What kind of film was it? Describe it.
 Where did that cinema located?
 When did you see it? How much time did it last?
 With whom did you watch it?
 What episodes did you like the best? Why / Why not? ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________
Total [6]
Total marks_ /22

Mark scheme Listening and Reading

№ Answer Mark Additional informatin
1 Gemma 1

2 Jack 1

3 Gemma 1
Jack 1
Jack 1
5 Jack 1
a village
it's peaceful, pretty and clean/ peaceful, pretty and clean 1 In any order
a village
it's quieter than a city/ it's quieter 1
a city
there were sports facilities and a youth centre. 1
a city
there were huge shopping centre/ huge shopping centre 1
5 a city
it's easier to meet friends/ to meet friends 1
Total marks 10

CRITERIA FOR MARKING WRITING*
Give a mark out of 6 for each criterion (content, organization, vocabulary and spelling, and grammar and punctuation), and then calculate a mean to give an overall total out of 6.

Mark / Criterio n Content: relevance, style and register, and development of ideas Organization: cohesion, paragraphing, and format
Vocabulary and Spelling Grammar and Punctuation: range and accuracy

6 • All content is relevant to the task.
• The register completely corresponds to the requirements of the task; consistent and intentional misuse of register* may indicate a writer’s personal style.
• All content points are fully addressed and developed in a balanced way.
*Such misuse of register should not harm the format of writing. • Uses a range of basic connectors correctly and attempts to use referencing, but not always clearly or appropriately.
• Uses paragraphs to separate ideas; all paragraphs revolve around one idea or a set of like ideas; the size of each paragraph allows for a proper and balanced development of ideas.
• The format is appropriate, but may be modified for a better reading experience. • Uses a range of everyday vocabulary appropriately; attempts to use less common lexical items with occasional errors.
• Has good control of word formation; may make occasional errors in producing less common word forms.
• Spells common vocabulary items correctly; very few (one or two) occasional spelling mistakes may be present.
• May occasionally misspell less common lexical items.
• Errors in word choice and/or spelling do not distort
meaning. • Writes simple and compound sentence forms correctly and demonstrates some variety in length.
• May attempt some complex sentences, but they tend to be less accurate, including punctuation.
• Errors in grammar and/or punctuation do not distort meaning.
5 • All content is relevant to the task; insignificant content omissions may be present.
• The register on the whole corresponds to the requirements of the task; occasional and inconsistent misuse of register may be
• present. • Uses a range of basic connectors correctly.
• Uses paragraphs to separate ideas; most paragraphs revolve around one idea or a set of like ideas; the size of each paragraph may reflect imbalanced development of
• ideas. • Uses a range of everyday vocabulary appropriately; attempts to use less common lexical items, but may make frequent errors.
• Has good control of word formation; may make errors in producing less common word forms.
• • Writes simple and compound sentence forms correctly, but does not demonstrate variety in length.
• Occasional errors in grammar and/or punctuation do not distort meaning.

• Most content points are addressed, but their development may be slightly imbalanced. • The format is appropriate. • Spells common vocabulary items correctly; few (no more than five) occasional spelling mistakes may be present.
• May often misspell less common lexical items.
• Errors in word choice and/or spelling do not distort
meaning.

4 • Most content is relevant to the task; insignificant content omissions may be present.
• The register on the whole corresponds to the requirements of the task.
• Most content points are addressed, but some content points may be more fully covered than others. • Uses some basic connectors, but these may be inaccurate or repetitive.
• Uses paragraphs to separate ideas, but tends to misuse paragraphing (a script is a set of very short paragraphs or some paragraphs may be much longer than other ones for no apparent reason).
• The format is generally appropriate. • Uses everyday vocabulary generally appropriately, while occasionally overusing certain lexical items.
• Has good control of word formation; can produce common word forms correctly.
• May make infrequent errors in spelling more difficult words.
• Errors in word choice and/or spelling rarely distort
meaning. • Writes simple and some compound sentence forms correctly.
• While errors in grammar and/or punctuation are noticeable, meaning is rarely distorted.

3 • Some content is relevant to the task; significant content omissions may be present.
• The register barely corresponds to the requirements of the task.
• Only some content points, which are minimally addressed. • Uses a very limited range of basic cohesive devices correctly.
• Writes in paragraphs, but may not use them to separate ideas (a script may have random breaks between paragraphs).
• The format may be inappropriate in places. • Uses basic vocabulary reasonably appropriately.
• Has some control of word formation; can produce some common word forms correctly.
• Makes frequent errors in spelling more difficult words, but simple words are spelled correctly.
• Errors in word choice and/or spelling distort meaning at • Writes simple sentence forms mostly correctly.
• Errors in grammar and/or punctuation may distort meaning at times.

times.

2 • Severe irrelevances and misinterpretations of the task may be present.
• Only few content points, which are minimally addressed. • May use a very limited range of basic cohesive devices, and those used may not indicate a logical relationship between ideas.
• Attempts to write in paragraphs, but their use may be confusing (may start every sentence with a new line).
• The format may be inappropriate. • Uses an extremely limited range of vocabulary.
• Has very limited control of word formation; can produce a few common word forms correctly.
• Makes many errors in spelling, including a range of simple words.
• Errors in word choice and/or spelling distort meaning. • Writes some simple sentence forms correctly.
• Frequent errors in grammar and/or punctuation distort meaning.

1 • Attempts the task, but it is largely misinterpreted and the response is barely relevant to the task. • Links are missing or incorrect.
• Does not write in paragraphs at all (a script is a block of text).
• The format is not appropriate. • Can only use a few isolated words and/or memorized phrases.
• Has essentially no control of word formation; can barely produce any word forms.
• Displays few examples of conventional spelling. • No evidence of sentence forms.

0 • Does not attempt the task in any way.
OR
• The response is completely irrelevant to the task.
OR
• There is too little language to assess.
OR
• Content is completely incomprehensible due to extremely poor handwriting: very few words are distinguishable, so there is a lack of context to verify meaning.
*Criteria for Marking Writing may be adapted by teacher according to the type and format. Teacher can assess learners’ work using some of the criteria from each column. There is no need to take into account all the points of the criteria.

CRITERIA FOR MARKING SPEAKING*
Give a mark out of 6 for each criterion (development and fluency, grammar and vocabulary), and then calculate a mean to give an overall total out of 6.

Mark / Criterio n
Development and Fluency
Grammar and Vocabulary

6 • Shows sustained ability to maintain a conversation and to make relevant contributions at some length.
• Produces extended stretches of language despite some hesitation.
• Can respond to change in direction of the conversation.
• Pronunciation is intelligible.
• Intonation is appropriate. • Produces error-free simple sentences.
• Attempts some complex grammatical forms, but may make errors, which rarely cause comprehension problems.
• Uses a range of appropriate vocabulary to give and exchange views on a growing range of general and curricular topics.

5 • Responds relevantly and at length which makes frequent prompting unnecessary, resulting in a competent conversation.
• Produces mostly extended stretches of language despite some hesitation, although instances of using short phrases may be present.
• Can generally respond to change in direction of the conversation.
• Pronunciation is generally intelligible.
• Intonation is generally appropriate • Produces error-free simple sentences.
• Uses a range of appropriate vocabulary when talking about a range of general and curricular topics.
• Occasional mistakes do not cause comprehension problems.

4 • Attempts to respond to questions and prompts.
• Produces responses which are extended beyond short phrases, despite hesitation.
• Effort will need to be made to develop the conversation; only partial success will be achieved.
• Pronunciation is mostly intelligible.
• May not follow English intonation patterns at times. • Frequently produces error-free simple sentences.
• Uses appropriate vocabulary to talk about a limited range of general and curricular topics.
• Errors may cause comprehension problems.

3 • Responses tend to be brief and are characterized by frequent hesitation.
• Has to be encouraged to go beyond short responses and struggles to develop a conversation.
• There is a lack of intelligibility of pronunciation, but it is unlikely • Produces basic sentence forms and some correct simple sentences.
• Uses a limited range of appropriate vocabulary to talk about a limited range of general topics.
• Errors are frequent and may lead to misunderstanding.
to impede communication.
May not follow English intonation patterns frequently. •
2 • Responses are so brief that little is communicated.
• Barely engages in a conversation.
• Pronunciation may cause some communication difficulty.
• Does not follow English intonation patterns. • Attempts basic sentence forms, but with limited success.
OR
• Heavily relies on apparently memorized utterances.
• Uses a limited range of appropriate vocabulary to talk about a very limited range of general topics.
• Makes numerous errors except in memorized expressions.

1 • No communication possible.
• Pronunciation and intonation patterns cause difficulty for even the most sympathetic listener. • Cannot produce basic sentence forms.
• Can only produce isolated words and phrases or memorized utterances.

0 • No attempt at the response.
OR
• No ratable language.

Transcript for listening task:
Jack: Oh! Hi Gemma. How’s it going?
Gemma: Oh. Hi Jack. Have you just seen 'Tornado Express' too?
Jack: Mm … no. I saw 'Friends Forever' with my sister.
Gemma: Oh! Was it good
Jack: Pfff … no, not really. It was boring. But Molly liked it. She loves that kind of thing. What about 'Tornado Express'? Was that good?
Gemma: Yeah, it was brilliant
Really exciting and the special effects were so good!
Jack: Sounds cool.
Gemma: Yeah, I loved it
Jack: I really want to see that film, 'Double Revenge'. Have you heard of it?
Gemma: Oh, yeah … with Jessica Foster? Ah, I can’t stand her
She’s so annoying!
Jack: Really? Do you think so? She was good in that film 'Maximum Risk'.
Gemma: Oh, I haven’t seen that one. OK, maybe she’s not that bad
Jack: Well, maybe we should check out 'Double Revenge' together some time.
Gemma: Yeah, that sounds good.

Learner’s name_____________________________________________Form: 6G
Summative assessment for the unite “Drama and Commedy”
Learning objectives 6.4.3.1 understand the detail of an argument on a limited range of familiar general and curricular topics, including
some extended texts
6.5.3.1write with some support about personal feelings and
opinions on a limited range of familiar general and curricular topics;
Assessment criteria - Identify the details of an argument on a limited range of
familiar general and curricular topics
- Express personal feelings and opinions with some
support in written form
Level of thinking skills Application
Comprehension
Duration 20 minutes
Reading
Task 1. Read and answer the questions.
Katniss Everdeen in The Hungers Games.

We all know Katniss Everdeen in the Hungers Games, but who is the actress who plays her, Jennifer Lawrence?
When she was a child Jennifer like sports and she played hockey and basketball for an all boys team. She also worked as a model. At the age of 14 she knew she wanted to be an actress, so she went to New York City to look for work. She appeared in advertisements for MTV and the fashion company H&M and got work as an actress on TV. Her family moved to Los Angeles so that Jennifer could work on TV and in films. In 2010 she acted in the film winter’s Bone and she was nominated for many awards including an Oscar. In 2012 she starred in the film The Hungers Games as Katniss Everdeen. When she isn’t working, Jen likes painting, surfing and playing the guitar.
1. What sports did Jennifer go in her childhood?
a) Athletics
b) Hockey
c) Surfing
d) Tennis
e) Volleyball
2. Where did she live?
a) Leeds
b) Los-Angeles
c) Manchester
d) Nottingham
e) Oxford
3. What jobs did she do?
a) Artist
b) Doctor
c) Model
d) Teacher
e) Waitress
4. When did she act in the film Hungers Games?
a) 2010
b) 2011
c) 2012
d) 2013
e) 2014
Writing

Task 2. Look at the pictures and choose ONE of them.

Tips for writing
1.What is the title of th cartoon?____________________________________
2.What is this cartoon about?______________________________________
1 1.B 1
2. D 1
3. C 1
4. C 1
Express personal feelings and opinions with some support in written form

2 writes sentences about this cartoon 1
writes personal feelings and opinions about the cartoon 1
presents ideas clearly; 1
writes grammatically correct sentences; 1
uses linking words properly. 1
describes the moral of the resource
Total marks 10

Rubrics for providing information to parents on the results of Summative Assessment for the unit “Drama and comedy”
Learner’s name

Assessment criteria Level of learning achievements
Low Middle High
Identify the details of an argument on a limited range of familiar general and curricular topics
Experiences difficulties in identifying facts and parts while reading.

Experiences some difficulties in identifying facts while reading.

Confidently identifies facts and parts while reading.
Express personal feelings and opinions with some support in written form.

Experiences difficulties in writing sentences about this cartoon producing grammatically correct sentences in providing evidence and reasons. Experiences some difficulties in writing and producing grammatically correct sentences. Makes mistakes in providing personal feelings about cartoon/ in explaining ideas and opinion about the film. Writes coherent sentences and producing grammatically correct sentences. Gives personal feelings and opinions about cartoons. Presents ideas clearly.

Learner’s name: _____________________________________ Form: 6g
TERM 2 Summative assessment for the unit “Our countryside”

Learning objectives 6.4.2.1 understand indepentently spesific information and detail in short, simple texts on a limited range of
general and curricular topics;
6.3.3.1 give an opinion at sentences and discours level
on an increasing range of general and curricular topics
Assessment criteria
• Identify spesific information and detail in short,simple texts
• Express a point of view in conversations and discussions
Level of thinking skills Knowledge and comprehension
Application
Duaration: 20 minutes
Reading (adapted)
Task 1. Read the text « Our life in a village » and complete the tasks below.
My name is Jack.I live in a small village .It is in a very picturesque area near Brighton. Life in a village is different from life in the city. I hate to live in a big city because it is always crowded and noisy. There are a lot of vehicles and people in the road. The streets are dusty and unclean. Life in the villag is very simple. We have no public transport; everyone walks on foot or rides a bike. And nobody complains about it. It seems that time is slower here than in the city. Nobody is in a hurry. There is not a great number of people here, everyone knows each other, greets and smiles. Now our family always has a lot of work in the house and in the garden. At the weekend, my dad, sister and I go to the city and buy everything we need for the next week. We usually buy beef, chicken, pork, fish.We don’t buy fruits and vegetables because we have a lot of them in our garden. Life in the countryside appeals to me and all members of my family very well.
Task 2. Mark the following sentences TRUE or FALSE.
1) Jack lives in a small village near Brighton True False
2) Jacks family has a lot of work in the field True False
3) Life in a village is the same as in the city. True False
4) He hates to live in a busy and noisy city. True False
5) Jack thinks the life in the village is simple. True False
6) It is crowded and noisy in the countryside True False
7) They go to the city to buy fruits and clothes True False

Speaking
Task3. Choose one picture. Speak about it 1-2 minutes. You will be given 1 minute to prepare. Use the following questions:

-Where do you prefer to live in the city or in the countryside? Why?
- Speak about advatages and disadvantages of living there.

Assessment criteria Task Descriptor Mark
A learner
Identify spesific information and detail in short, simple texts

1 1.chooses ‘True’ 1
2. chooses ‘False’ 1
3.chooses ‘False’ 1
4. chooses ‘True’ 1
5 chooses ‘True’ 1
6 chooses ‘False’ 1
7 chooses ‘False’ 1
Express a point of view in conversations and discussions
2 provides a point of view accurately; 1
answers question properly; 1
uses topic related vocabulary accurately; 1
pronounces words and phrases clearly; 1
uses grammatically correct sentences. 1
Total marks 12

Rubrics for providing information to parents on the results of SummativeAssessment for the unit “Our countryside”
Learner’s name______________________________________________ Assessment criteria
Level of learning achievements
Low Middle High
Identify spesific information and detail in short, simple texts Experiences difficulties in identifying facts and parts while reading. Chooses most of the answers incorrectly. Experiences some difficulties in identifying facts while reading.
Makes mistakes in answers Identifies facts and parts while reading. Chooses appropriate True and False answers with minor mistakes. Completes the tasks correctly with proper spelling of words.

Express a point of view in conversations and discussions.
Experiences difficulties in providing a point of view in answering questions. Pronounces most of the words unclear. Uses many grammatically incorrect sentences and inappropriate vocabulary. Experiences some difficulties in providing a point of view in answering questions / in using topical vocabulary accurately and grammatically correct sentences. Pronounces some of the words clearly. Accurately provides a point of view in answering questions. Uses topical vocabulary and grammatically correct sentences accurately.
Pronounces most of the
words clearly.

Верх